ROME ATHEMS vs ROME AGENT vs OPTION MIRROR - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
kizas1

Smile ROME ATHEMS vs ROME AGENT vs OPTION MIRROR

Hello everyone...This is my first post to the forum of this great site..I would like some help in order to buy the right board for me!

I am 6.2 feet height and 185 pounds... My snowboard level is beginner/intermediate..(i can do slaloms easily and now trying small jumps).. i want a board that will help to my improvement..

ROME AGENT 159
OPRION MIRROR 159
ROME ATHEM 159
Which one?

bindings BURTON MISSION is ok?

Your opinion would be valuable for me...i need a board that will help me with ground and air(NOT BIG AIR lol)tricks and some freeride(NO CARVING AT ALL)... thank you very much!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

I am a Rome guy , the Anthem is a bit stiffer than the Agent (thats what I have). The Agent is designed as a park board that can handle any type of terrain, the Anthem would be more of an Freeride board.

Your post is a bit confusing, you say that you need a board to help stay one the ground but then again you don't carve. You also say that you are starting to jump. So that makes me think that will eventually want to get comfortable with some jumps. The Anthem is more towards a carving/powder board so I am not sure if that is your choice. Do you live were there is lots of powder?

That said if you starting to do some jumps go for the Agent it's an amazing board. Handles great, it's forgiving and its got good flex to it. I am very happy with the board, I was lucky enough to get 3 days of riding with it before the season ended. I took it in all type of conditions from Ice, to corn, to untracked snow, jumps, glades and even the sticky spring stuff and the board handled the terrain like no other board has ever done it. I even tried a few table tops and I was very impressed with it. The bottom of the boards makes its very fast and with a nice wax job the board is going to fly.

Bindings Rome 390's all the way, they are fucking incredible you wont regret them. The only issue is finding a pair, they seem to be sold out everywhere. They are flexible and very responsive. If don't find any 390's look for the Targas then for the Arsenals

Stay with Rome , it's a great brand

here is a pic of my set

Call me ignorant but I have never heard of Option boards, are they any good? is it Oprion or Option you got 2 different spellings there....

Last edited by Simply^Ride; 07-07-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
kizas1

yes Anthem is mostly a freeride,you are right...so let it out!LOL your post was VERY helpful thanks! i live in Greece(so i dont do powders so often,but i find ice some times)...
So now i am between AGENT and MIRROR...the local store gives me Mirror for 100$ more!!!but i love option's design..pfff
Logically AGENT is my choice!hmmmm.........
As for bindings except ROMES 390(i know that they must be good) what about Ride?? Deltas for example!!!

THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAN!!!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

NEVER buy a board for the graphics,buy it for how they ride.That said I have heard rides are good bindings.The only other bindings I have experience with are the Forum Factions and they are very nice too. My experience with bindings is limited so I will not go further than that.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Dude for real rock the Agent it will help you progress so much, I know it did for me. I went from an Anthem to an Agent and in one season there was a big difference in my riding, and now I'm looking to push my freestyle prowess even further with the Graft I bought. Not that I don't love my Anthem, but it has its purpose as do the other two.

I can't say anything for current Ride bindings I haven't ridden a set in a long time. I know the old ones I have had issues where the plate didn't lock in correctly and they pivoted a little after a while. But I will agree with the praise on the 390s I love mine. But I was looking into getting a set of Union Force bindings for my Graft though I hear good things.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
kizas1

Smile

thanks everyone!great advice!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
tonysimoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
NEVER buy a board for the graphics,buy it for how they ride.That said I have heard rides are good bindings.The only other bindings I have experience with are the Forum Factions and they are very nice too. My experience with bindings is limited so I will not go further than that.
I totally agree with you. Never buy a board for the graphics!

I also have a ROME agent can`t say nothing wrong about this board. In once sentence: "this board pushes you to make a jump off every obstacle you encounter".
btw, concerning the graphics of the Agent, I have to say in the beginning I didn`t quite liked them, but once you have it and the more you look at it. You really start to appreciate it (atleast I do )

PS: I think I have a picture of my agent somewhere...
Old 07-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

And remember each Agent is unique ... ...

It's like everything the more you look at the more you like or hate it, but since you own it, the more you will it .
Old 07-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Funnily enough I rode the Option Axis for half the season which is the wide version of the mirror from last season and it was awesome. Even though it was a true twin it help up great on any run I could throw at it (not that your after that) and it was great for park riding. Best of all its super durable, I spent most of my time kicking tree's poles and bonking up any lamp post I could find. Plus the end of season rock/dirt patch runs. It finally gave up the ghost after 3 and a half months of non stop abusive behavior from me. I honestly think there are not alot of boards that can take that abuse.

However I'm not sure how well you'd be able to handle it being beginner/intermediate. I'm 6'4" and about 180 pounds so similar to you, and was riding a 156 (as it was just 100 bucks!) and its not the softest board ever. It was pretty tough to hold butters on and had a pretty stiff nose and tail. When I first started riding it my spins took a huge step backwards after riding a forgiving Ride board, but once I got used to having to put the power in I got so much more performance. Built for big air but at this stage maybe consider going for slightly less performance. It's much easier to learn that way.

As for the agent, I think that could be the way I'm swinging next season. Although I work for quiksilver who distribute lib-tech and gnu so I'm gonna see if I can nab a sweet deal on a bananananananana!
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

^^^^^^
Dude as much as I love my Rome stuff and would recommend it. You would be dumb not to take advantage of the fact that you work for a distributor. Plus Lib is quality stuff and even if you couldn't nab a banana they have other good boards.