Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   2013 Skate Banana vs. Carbon Credit (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/60769-2013-skate-banana-vs-carbon-credit.html)

guharon 01-31-2013 11:20 AM

2013 Skate Banana vs. Carbon Credit
 
Hey guys, I've been looking for a fun all mountain freestyle board.

I've narrowed it down to:

Gnu Riders choice
Carbon credit
Skate banana

The 2013 skate banana has a TNT base now, so would you pay the premium on it over the carbon credit?

walove 01-31-2013 11:28 AM

The skatebanana is the softest, then the carbon credit. Riders choice is the stiffest, and has c2 giving it a more locked in feel, while the others have btx. I have both libs tnt and sintered bases. Not a whole lot difference in speed. The sintered is harder and gets less damage and likes frequent waxing, the tnt gouges more easily but is easy to repair with ptex candles with floro inpregnated base it doesn't need or take much wax. I ride in montana and hit lots of rocks.

guharon 01-31-2013 12:08 PM

So would you say, besides softness, there really isn't any difference between the Carbon Credit and the 2013 Skate Banana?

Also, I can get a 2012 Rider's choice for the same price as the 2013 Skate Banana.

If you were me, and were looking for a an all mountain freestyle board that was easy to play around with, but wasn't too much of a noodle (I'm coming from a Whammy Bar which was too jib specific), which would you choose?

redlude97 01-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guharon (Post 659281)
So would you say, besides softness, there really isn't any difference between the Carbon Credit and the 2013 Skate Banana?

Also, I can get a 2012 Rider's choice for the same price as the 2013 Skate Banana.

If you were me, and were looking for a an all mountain freestyle board that was easy to play around with, but wasn't too much of a noodle (I'm coming from a Whammy Bar which was too jib specific), which would you choose?

Go with the riders choice. Its still lively and if you know what you are doing it is still very buttereable/pressable. It would dominate the other 2 everywhere else on the mountain

guharon 01-31-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlude97 (Post 659353)
Go with the riders choice. Its still lively and if you know what you are doing it is still very buttereable/pressable. It would dominate the other 2 everywhere else on the mountain

I keep hearing that, but my only concern is size.

I'm 5'7, 125 lbs and fear that the 151.5 RC might be a bit too big for me to play with.

I also heard that you're actually supposed to size down these boards, which makes me even more concerned.

Also, I'd classify myself as a beginner/intermediate rider. I keep hearing the RC is an advanced board.

If I were to get the Skate Banana, I'd probably get a 149.

Lstarrasl 01-31-2013 01:03 PM

how old are you and where are you riding?

guharon 01-31-2013 01:04 PM

I'm 22, and I'm riding on the East Coast/MidWest.

walove 01-31-2013 01:06 PM

Hard to say what size would work for 125lbs, depends on how stong of a rider you are. They make the trs in short sizes, what size boot do you have

guharon 01-31-2013 01:07 PM

The reason I'm looking to upgrade from the Whammy Bar to something else is because the Whammy Bar feels a little too jib specific. I loved it in the park, but it just didn't hold up well on ice and everywhere else.

A shop owner told me that the Carbon Credit would be more of a lateral move from the Whammy Bar. This makes me think that the same would apply to the Skate Banana because they're so similar.

guharon 01-31-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walove (Post 659553)
Hard to say what size would work for 125lbs, depends on how stong of a rider you are. They make the trs in short sizes, what size boot do you have

I have 8.5 size boots. I'm not bombing down the mountain, I kind of prefer to cruise around, and only occasionally charge to keep up with my skier friends.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2