2013 Skate Banana vs. Carbon Credit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Skate Banana vs. Carbon Credit

Hey guys, I've been looking for a fun all mountain freestyle board.

I've narrowed it down to:

Gnu Riders choice
Carbon credit
Skate banana

The 2013 skate banana has a TNT base now, so would you pay the premium on it over the carbon credit?
guharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The skatebanana is the softest, then the carbon credit. Riders choice is the stiffest, and has c2 giving it a more locked in feel, while the others have btx. I have both libs tnt and sintered bases. Not a whole lot difference in speed. The sintered is harder and gets less damage and likes frequent waxing, the tnt gouges more easily but is easy to repair with ptex candles with floro inpregnated base it doesn't need or take much wax. I ride in montana and hit lots of rocks.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

So would you say, besides softness, there really isn't any difference between the Carbon Credit and the 2013 Skate Banana?

Also, I can get a 2012 Rider's choice for the same price as the 2013 Skate Banana.

If you were me, and were looking for a an all mountain freestyle board that was easy to play around with, but wasn't too much of a noodle (I'm coming from a Whammy Bar which was too jib specific), which would you choose?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guharon View Post
So would you say, besides softness, there really isn't any difference between the Carbon Credit and the 2013 Skate Banana?

Also, I can get a 2012 Rider's choice for the same price as the 2013 Skate Banana.

If you were me, and were looking for a an all mountain freestyle board that was easy to play around with, but wasn't too much of a noodle (I'm coming from a Whammy Bar which was too jib specific), which would you choose?
Go with the riders choice. Its still lively and if you know what you are doing it is still very buttereable/pressable. It would dominate the other 2 everywhere else on the mountain
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
Go with the riders choice. Its still lively and if you know what you are doing it is still very buttereable/pressable. It would dominate the other 2 everywhere else on the mountain
I keep hearing that, but my only concern is size.

I'm 5'7, 125 lbs and fear that the 151.5 RC might be a bit too big for me to play with.

I also heard that you're actually supposed to size down these boards, which makes me even more concerned.

Also, I'd classify myself as a beginner/intermediate rider. I keep hearing the RC is an advanced board.

If I were to get the Skate Banana, I'd probably get a 149.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

how old are you and where are you riding?
Lstarrasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm 22, and I'm riding on the East Coast/MidWest.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hard to say what size would work for 125lbs, depends on how stong of a rider you are. They make the trs in short sizes, what size boot do you have
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

The reason I'm looking to upgrade from the Whammy Bar to something else is because the Whammy Bar feels a little too jib specific. I loved it in the park, but it just didn't hold up well on ice and everywhere else.

A shop owner told me that the Carbon Credit would be more of a lateral move from the Whammy Bar. This makes me think that the same would apply to the Skate Banana because they're so similar.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
Hard to say what size would work for 125lbs, depends on how stong of a rider you are. They make the trs in short sizes, what size boot do you have
I have 8.5 size boots. I'm not bombing down the mountain, I kind of prefer to cruise around, and only occasionally charge to keep up with my skier friends.