What bindings with Never Summer Titan? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
wardm

Default What bindings with Never Summer Titan?

Hi,

I have a 2008 Never Summer Titan TX (wide version) and ThirtyTwo Lashed boats (size 13). I'm 6,7 and 220lb and are an expert rider. What would be a good set of Bindings????

I ride big mountain (whistler) and spend most of my time in the trees and powder, never touching a park or man made jump. Not looking for anything to ridged, as the board itself is about as rock solid as you can get.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

union forces, lifetime warranty on the baseplate, better plastic, cnc'd heelcup, magnesium buckles. things are bomb proof, in the literal sense of the word

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Forces are too soft. Targa's actually compliment that board pretty well, but interesting choice of boots for that board. That board needs something stiffer to control it and drive it.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
wardm

Ya, I took the ThirtyTwo boots due to fit. I have a flat and narrow foot so my heel pops out in most boots. For me a comfortable and good fitting boot is the number one things. Also, I'm pretty heavy so the board isn't that stiff for me.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Your foot shape is all wrong for those boots. If you had a wide foot with a high arch or no arch then it might be what you want.

When I was over 200lbs that board was still a beast.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
wardm

Hmmm...

Well, i rode the setup last year and the boots were great. It is the heel slip that is the issue for me. As for the board, I love it. Talk about bomb proof, and at 169" it feels like a way bigger board, but you can still fit through those trees and chutes.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Eric @ WA

I would agree with Rome Targas...check 'em out. They're stiff and would transfer efficiently to that board. They're great bindings for the type of riding you do. I use them on my all mountain runs. Targas always have excellent reviews.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well if you think the forces are too soft then check the flux supertitans, titans, and streams. or the union Force MC's (lots o carbon fiber). if you dont like any of those, then burton CO2's are stiff. oooh oooh i know, salomon spx 45's or any of the relays.

dont let anyone dog you on your choice of boots, buy what fits, care about nothing else

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Flux uses too much nylon in their plastics which makes them super soft and flexible. They don't disperse energy right with a stiffer board. Jib kid binding. Force MC is noticibly stiffer than the Force and can handle what the Titan throws at it.

There's a saying at our shop about 32 boots. 32 days their done.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

I've found my Drake Mentors to be pretty solid for the type of riding you're talking about. I'm 6'5" ~210 sz 12/13 and ride several of NS's wide boards including the Titan TX. The base on the bindings was softer than what I was used to, but once I got used to the extra feeling of the board flexing under my feet I liked the additional feedback. Hi-backs and straps are very stable. They're adjustable in a hundred different ways, very comfortable for someone with a bigger foot.
gibbous is offline   Reply With Quote