Looking into new Bindings and boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
mcj660

Wink Looking into new Bindings and boots

Hey ive been checking out this forum for a while now and many people are all about salomon boots and rome bindings. I cant find the romes anywhere but the salomons spx pro selects look pretty good anyone use them? also the salomon F22 boots are they good? or should i just get 32 lashed? if you have any other suggestions give them because any info helps!! i want to go all out on this purchase because i dont feel like upgrading again for a long time. I am 5 11 and 130 lbs and my boot size is around a 11 and 12 and i ride mostly park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Try stuff on. Both the Lashed and the F22's are great boots, but they both fit a bit differently. Go try them on.

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
mcj660

problem is i have no place to try them on ive tried the 32 lashed on once and i liked it but i have nothing to compare them to ive heard good things about solomon boots but nothing specific with the F22s
Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

boots are the only gear that you really have to try to know whether its good. if you cant try stuff on and you liked the lashed when you tried them on, then get the lashed, they're sick boots anyways. another company with a very similar fit to 32 is Celsius. which i really really recommend

bindings: Flux, Union. only two companies you need. flux if you want a capstrap, unions if you like the convertible thing. the flux supertitans are so comfortable its dumb, in a good way. the unions are all stupid bombproof, again in a good way, and the convertible straps are steel mesh, which is also bombproof.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
DVS TJ

I'll put my 2 cents in, for what it is worth, I rock out a pair of 06 32 Lashed Bling Editions, and they have held up through 2 years of almost all park riding. If you wear an 11, get an 11, they will fit perfectly. I will be getting the new mint/white ones in a few weeks. As for bindings, do not get Unions. Last season, I went through 2 sets of limited edition KFC bindings and a pair of Union Data's. They all had the same problem, the bottom ratchet would snap up and lock in place. I would have to completely unstrap, weasel my foot out of the stuck binding, and pull out a key and pop it loose. Not worth antyhing, especially for a freestlyer. If you spend your time in the park, go with Flux. I am rocking out a pair of Stream SF Rising Suns and they far surpass any binding I have ever used. Flux is a freestyle specific company, that's what they make bindings for and they do an amazing job. Super Titan's are nice, but they weigh a little more than the Strems. Get any Flux binding and you will not be sad about it.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
mcj660

Default thanks

thanks for the info i think im going to get the 32 lashed but has anyone rode salomon bindings any info on them?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

a buddy of mine had some 45's on his graft. he really liked them, chose em over 390's and targas.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Salomon bindings are nice, but the ratchets leave a bit to be desired. They just don't last and lock up like the above poster described on his Unions. Top and bottoms. They kind of suck which is too bad because otherwise I really like the Relays.

I have a pair of Union Force DLX's that I used for about half a season last year. 20 or so days on them. No problems with the buckles releasing. Super smooth. Union is known for backing their product, though I am not expecting any problems.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can't find any stores that still sells boots on display so I can't test fit anything

And I need new boots
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
mcj660

stuff is so cheap right now its rediculous i think ill just get the salomons but what is the deal with locking up what happens?