Artifact? Stairmaster? park steeze question - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
c-dizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedition View Post
Dom slick or regular?
Dom regular
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've heard numerous reports of people having quality issues with that deck. However, take that with a grain of salt. Also, note that Dom is a really soft board. By your own words you wanted to be careful of that. Give then choice between Burton and Rome, I would recommend going with Rome. If something were to happen, production wise, you'll get much better customer service w/Rome than with Burton, IMHO.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Word

CAPiTA Stairmaster or Palmer Flash LTD. Both super steeeeeezeeeee

Best prices I have found:

Palmer Snowboard Palmer Flash LTD Snowboard

Capita Snowboard Capita Stairmaster Snowboard

Or wait til the 2009 boards drop and swoop a Scaremaster

WorD
Old 07-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

it was actually the other way around, the delam was a kid who rarely hits rails, and the snapped tail was a rail jock

sorry, but on this forum, Rome is represented as the company from heaven, that everything they make is perfect. i dont not like rome, i've recommended the agent to quite a few people, and i think their covertible toe strap is one of the most effective. i just want people to know that rome, like every other company, isnt perfect.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
it was actually the other way around, the delam was a kid who rarely hits rails, and the snapped tail was a rail jock

sorry, but on this forum, Rome is represented as the company from heaven, that everything they make is perfect. i dont not like rome, i've recommended the agent to quite a few people, and i think their covertible toe strap is one of the most effective. i just want people to know that rome, like every other company, isnt perfect.
I totally agree. They do make good products but they really arent different than most of the big companies when it comes to quality. I mean they had to warranty thousands of boards at the beginning of this past season because they were completely delaming after one day on the hill. They say it was not their fault, it was the people at the Elan factory when they put the boards together. But oh wait... i thought super steezy Rome was a small independent company that only the corest of dudes worked for in vermont. Isnt Elan a huge enterprise in Austria? See...... good post Nivek
Old 07-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word View Post
I totally agree. They do make good products but they really arent different than most of the big companies when it comes to quality. I mean they had to warranty thousands of boards at the beginning of this past season because they were completely delaming after one day on the hill. They say it was not their fault, it was the people at the Elan factory when they put the boards together. But oh wait... i thought super steezy Rome was a small independent company that only the corest of dudes worked for in vermont. Isnt Elan a huge enterprise in Austria? See...... good post Nivek
You're an idiot. Do you realize how many companies outsource to other companies to press boards for them? There's very few companies that have their own in house presses.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Word

exactly rome is no different than every other company even though they claim to be and everybody thinks so. I am just sick of people jumping on the Rome train thinking that they are completely against the industry norm and doing their own thing. They are no different than anybody else... they just have a good marketing team. I mean you know how it works. i know how it works. but the reality is that most people on these forums go off word of mouth and honestly believe that companies like Rome are super anti-industry and are a step above the rest

Last edited by Word; 07-21-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
exactly rome is no different than every other company even though they claim to be and everybody thinks so. I am just sick of people jumping on the Rome train thinking that they are completely against the industry norm and doing their own thing. They are no different than anybody else... they just have a good marketing team. I mean you know how it works. i know how it works. but the reality is that most people on these forums go off word of mouth and honestly believe that companies like Rome are super anti-industry and are a step above the rest
Every company is pro industry. If they weren't they wouldn't be a company. If you wanted to be anti industry you'd build the boards yourself, hike for your turns, and not rely on anything the industry offers.

Realistically the cost of an in house production facility is HUGE. When you take into account the depreciating value of the American dollar and the fact you can pay a factory worker in China pennies on the dollar it just makes sense.

Rome made some great product, next year everyones going to be sadly disappointed. From what I rode of theirs it was just a HUGE let down coming off years of riding Rome products. Their boot line is wack and sucks balls, their unibody bindings remind me of the Missions I rode back in 99, boards are so soft its like pressing for retards, and they jumped on the rocker wagon as fast as they could and put out a jib rocker like everyone else.

Unfortunately almost every forum on the internet has people with biases and even worse you have people with little product knowledge only going with what they know. That is possibly the worst thing about the snowboard website boom. Too many people with an opinion that haven't ridden the gamut of items on the market. I won't lie I have my biases, but I still manage to ride more boards than any normal person should. I topped out at around 100 boards this season, 6 or 7 pairs of boots, and like 30 bindings.

You'll see it this year when people jump on the DC board wagon. DC boards are essentially a recycled Rossi design with the DC logo. They ride decent, not super bad, not super good. But the DC name will sell it.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
You're an idiot. Do you realize how many companies outsource to other companies to press boards for them? There's very few companies that have their own in house presses.
You have an anger problem, that has to be taken care off. Go to a bar and let it out on some one see how it works .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post

Quote:
It sounds like we have a couple of Rome haters , good for you guys .

But yeah "I LOVE ROME!!!!", and yeah to quote Nivek "Rome is the company from heaven" slightly edited ...
Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
You have an anger problem, that has to be taken care off. Go to a bar and let it out on some one see how it works
Or I could just point out the level of stupidity of people on a regular basis. To each their own. Plus I was a lot angrier when I drank.