Background check on a older NS board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernersl View Post
Have fun on it. Kinda wish Never Summer left a traditional camber freeride board in their lineup.

Me too. I like the R.C profile for the playfullness but for serious charging I havent really felt that comfortable on one and I have tried other RC boards but not the newer NS Premier. I'm wondering how they would compare but based on my experiances camber is simply better for charging.
__________________
Man, the Internet sounds like a tuff place to ride.
Rockpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpen View Post
I have the same exact board and I still ride the shit out of it to this day, most recent being a fat ass powder day on Sunday. Its damp as hell and faster than what most slopes will allow. You can seriously mach on this board and it feels like your just cruising down the highway in Cadilac. Even in icy chunder it still has a smooth and stable feel as it just cuts right through the crap. Definatly a knee saver. In pow is where its real element is to be found. In mellower terrain I enjoy the Proto more than the Premier but when I'm looking for big lines then the Premier delivers. This board has gotten me out of some sketchy situations and you can trust this board will hold up no matter whats in front of you. Just point it and go. Landing cliffs, big drops or kickers into powder is just a blast and really confidence inspiring especially when the landing is anything but smooth. Coming out of a gully where it starts to get tracked out feels like your still riding fresh, your seriuosly cutting through other peoples tracks like they're not even there. You might feel a small thud on the bottom of your boots but thats it. The Premeir just soaks it all up. Its not the best park board due to its flex as its pretty stiff but I have never had a problem with in on kickers, pipe, boxes, rails or backyard shenanigans and its an absolute log destroyer. God I miss the logs of Beaver Creek, we just dont have them here in the Alps. So to sum up this board can pretty much rip anything you put in front of it. Tight trees, tight carves, big carves, big lines and big air or hitting some swingset rail in a schoolyard. As far as durablity is concerned mine has around 700 days on it and its still a beast. Although last year I finally cracked an edge but its still rideable and I dont even notice it but at the same time I wonder just how much longer can it hold up as its still my go to board.
So I hope you enjoy and if you ever consider selling it let me know, seriously.
Man, that is awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you so much for this post and everyone else. Oh and guess where I will be in 3 weeks, Keystone. So I am planning on going to Beaver Creek at least 1 day. By the way mine is the 162. I'm 5'8" and 160 out the shower, 41 years, you think I'll be good? I'm a little better than intermediate.
Bonzer564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer564 View Post
Man, that is awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you so much for this post and everyone else. Oh and guess where I will be in 3 weeks, Keystone. So I am planning on going to Beaver Creek at least 1 day. By the way mine is the 162. I'm 5'8" and 160 out the shower, 41 years, you think I'll be good? I'm a little better than intermediate.
Your welcome.
Thats totally not going to work for you, your going to hate it. But dont worry I'll take it off your hands When I was younger and first bought this board.............sorry, good memory flash back, I weighed about the same, maybe even less between paychecks but I have the 157. I remember testing the 162 and 157 and the stiffness was about the same but I settled on the 157 just because it was quicker in the trees so you should still be alright but that also depends on how you ride. So go try it, give it until the end of the season before you decide if you love or hate it and if you hate it then sell it to me. I fell in love with mine on the first run.
__________________
Man, the Internet sounds like a tuff place to ride.
Rockpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpen View Post
Your welcome.
Thats totally not going to work for you, your going to hate it. But dont worry I'll take it off your hands When I was younger and first bought this board.............sorry, good memory flash back, I weighed about the same, maybe even less between paychecks but I have the 157. I remember testing the 162 and 157 and the stiffness was about the same but I settled on the 157 just because it was quicker in the trees so you should still be alright but that also depends on how you ride. So go try it, give it until the end of the season before you decide if you love or hate it and if you hate it then sell it to me. I fell in love with mine on the first run.
Ok, thanks for the advise. I'll let you know when I get back from
Summit County how it goes for me. But yea I thought 162 would be a little oversized for me but, it's been about 10 years since I went and I was looking on ebay and when I saw this board and for the price, I had to have it. A little bit more than what I was gonna pay for a rental. I not looking to get stupid crazy right the gate so I think it will be alright.
Bonzer564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer564 View Post
Ok, thanks for the advise. I'll let you know when I get back from
Summit County how it goes for me. But yea I thought 162 would be a little oversized for me but, it's been about 10 years since I went and I was looking on ebay and when I saw this board and for the price, I had to have it. A little bit more than what I was gonna pay for a rental. I not looking to get stupid crazy right the gate so I think it will be alright.
Actually with this board you need to get stupid crazy for it to work. It doesnt really wake up until you kick it in the face. Dont take it easy and you should be alright.
__________________
Man, the Internet sounds like a tuff place to ride.
Rockpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpen View Post
Actually with this board you need to get stupid crazy for it to work. It doesnt really wake up until you kick it in the face. Dont take it easy and you should be alright.
Dude, you are hilarious. I hear what your saying though. I'm sure after I warm up, I'll kick it into high gear. I will surely get back to you after my trip and let you know what I think about the board because you really are amped about this board and I appreciate that.
Bonzer564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Swiss Alps
Posts: 84
Default

My premier started to delam last week, ready to sell yours?
__________________
Man, the Internet sounds like a tuff place to ride.
Rockpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpen View Post
My premier started to delam last week, ready to sell yours?
Yea, I'll let it go. PM me so we can discuss further.
Bonzer564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums