Background check on a older NS board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Background check on a older NS board

So here's the deal, I just got a NS Premier 162 '01/'02 model off ebay. Board is in very good shape for as old as it is. Seller claims that he only has around 20 days on it. I haven't rode it yet but curious about what can be told about this board. A little review from some past riders of this board would be nice. I'd also like to know how it stands up to the newer boards.
Bonzer564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer564 View Post
So here's the deal, I just got a NS Premier 162 '01/'02 model off ebay. Board is in very good shape for as old as it is. Seller claims that he only has around 20 days on it. I haven't rode it yet but curious about what can be told about this board. A little review from some past riders of this board would be nice. I'd also like to know how it stands up to the newer boards.
I have yet to ride one, but would love to pick one up. Would be nice to have a traditional camber bomber. From what I understand the ride is phenominal. Its gonna be heavy, as their older boards are built like tanks. It will definitely take whatever abuse you can throw at it. Now, is it the premier or the premier T5? From what Ive read about the T5 is that the ride is almost mystical! Ill get one someday....
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernersl View Post
I have yet to ride one, but would love to pick one up. Would be nice to have a traditional camber bomber. From what I understand the ride is phenominal. Its gonna be heavy, as their older boards are built like tanks. It will definitely take whatever abuse you can throw at it. Now, is it the premier or the premier T5? From what Ive read about the T5 is that the ride is almost mystical! Ill get one someday....
It is the premier.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

I have a Legacy from the 04/05 season I think it is heavy as hell but super stable and damp. I haven't ridden it in ~3 seasons maybe, but aside from marks on the topsheet where bindings had been mounted, the board is in really good shape. They're damn near invincible. But heavy.
david_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
It is the premier.
Have fun on it. Kinda wish Never Summer left a traditional camber freeride board in their lineup.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
I have a Legacy from the 04/05 season I think it is heavy as hell but super stable and damp. I haven't ridden it in ~3 seasons maybe, but aside from marks on the topsheet where bindings had been mounted, the board is in really good shape. They're damn near invincible. But heavy.
That's cool if is heavy. I haven't been snowboarding in several years so, I don't think I'll be throwing the board around like a teenager after a six pack of Red Bull. I think the weight will suit me. I'm looking to just do big, fast carves down the mountain and search for pow. Maybe a little air but, nothing fancy.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
That's cool if is heavy. I haven't been snowboarding in several years so, I don't think I'll be throwing the board around like a teenager after a six pack of Red Bull. I think the weight will suit me. I'm looking to just do big, fast carves down the mountain and search for pow. Maybe a little air but, nothing fancy.
Yeah the old Premier will definitely be a carvin speed machine. Enjoy.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernersl View Post
Have fun on it. Kinda wish Never Summer left a traditional camber freeride board in their lineup.
Thanks. I'm sure I will. I haven't been in a few years so, I'm really stoked.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Like ridin a bike man.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have the same exact board and I still ride the shit out of it to this day, most recent being a fat ass powder day on Sunday. Its damp as hell and faster than what most slopes will allow. You can seriously mach on this board and it feels like your just cruising down the highway in Cadilac. Even in icy chunder it still has a smooth and stable feel as it just cuts right through the crap. Definatly a knee saver. In pow is where its real element is to be found. In mellower terrain I enjoy the Proto more than the Premier but when I'm looking for big lines then the Premier delivers. This board has gotten me out of some sketchy situations and you can trust this board will hold up no matter whats in front of you. Just point it and go. Landing cliffs, big drops or kickers into powder is just a blast and really confidence inspiring especially when the landing is anything but smooth. Coming out of a gully where it starts to get tracked out feels like your still riding fresh, your seriuosly cutting through other peoples tracks like they're not even there. You might feel a small thud on the bottom of your boots but thats it. The Premeir just soaks it all up. Its not the best park board due to its flex as its pretty stiff but I have never had a problem with in on kickers, pipe, boxes, rails or backyard shenanigans and its an absolute log destroyer. God I miss the logs of Beaver Creek, we just dont have them here in the Alps. So to sum up this board can pretty much rip anything you put in front of it. Tight trees, tight carves, big carves, big lines and big air or hitting some swingset rail in a schoolyard. As far as durablity is concerned mine has around 700 days on it and its still a beast. Although last year I finally cracked an edge but its still rideable and I dont even notice it but at the same time I wonder just how much longer can it hold up as its still my go to board.
So I hope you enjoy and if you ever consider selling it let me know, seriously.

Last edited by Rockpen; 02-04-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Rockpen is offline   Reply With Quote