Need advise - GNU B Pro or Roxy XOXO?!? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need advise - GNU B Pro or Roxy XOXO?!?

Hi,

I`m new to the forum and really need your advise. After riding my last board for almost 10 years (Rossignol Zena from 2003, 153cm) I want to buy a new snowboard. Iīd call myself an intermediate or slightly advanced rider, I mainly ride groomers, but would like to spend more time in the pow during our next mountain holidays (if the conditions are right). I havenīt been to the park yet and have no experience riding obstacles, pipes, etc..
Iīm 5'6'', shoe size US 9 (female) and my weight is approx. 143 pounds (65kg).

My local shop recommended and offered the Roxy XOXO and Gnu B Pro (from the 2013 season) for a good price. I didnīt find much information about the Roxy board, but many positive reviews regarding the Gnu B Pro. So far Iīve only ridden my old camber board, but think Iīll like the hybrid rocker camber technology and (hopefully) Iīll be able to progress on the new board.

So I want to make a decision between XOXO and Gnu B Pro and also need advise on the board size, i.e. should I go for 152/151 or 149?!?

Really appreciate your help and many thanks in advance!!!
Kitechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

you already answered your own question.

The GNU b-pro.

its a hybrid the roxy xoxo is rocker banana.

Get the 152
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitechick View Post
Hi,

I`m new to the forum and really need your advise. After riding my last board for almost 10 years (Rossignol Zena from 2003, 153cm) I want to buy a new snowboard. Iīd call myself an intermediate or slightly advanced rider, I mainly ride groomers, but would like to spend more time in the pow during our next mountain holidays (if the conditions are right). I havenīt been to the park yet and have no experience riding obstacles, pipes, etc..
Iīm 5'6'', shoe size US 9 (female) and my weight is approx. 143 pounds (65kg).

My local shop recommended and offered the Roxy XOXO and Gnu B Pro (from the 2013 season) for a good price. I didnīt find much information about the Roxy board, but many positive reviews regarding the Gnu B Pro. So far Iīve only ridden my old camber board, but think Iīll like the hybrid rocker camber technology and (hopefully) Iīll be able to progress on the new board.

So I want to make a decision between XOXO and Gnu B Pro and also need advise on the board size, i.e. should I go for 152/151 or 149?!?

Really appreciate your help and many thanks in advance!!!
Hi and welcome!

I don't know much about the Roxy XOXO but I have the B Pro. Like you, I rode an old camber board for years before getting something with a hybrid profile. You'll probably really like it ONCE you get past the learning curve. It rides differently ime. Demo it if you can.

From what I understand, you can size down a bit with a rocker or hybrid profile. I went from a 151 camber to a 146 C2BTX (120lbs, boot size 8, 5'8" height). Longer is better if you bomb at speeds and will be in powder conditions. The B Pro is on the stiffer side, so if you want to take it into the park eventually, you might want to go for one on the shorter side, like 149. Again, demo if you can. Give it a few runs to adjust to the profile (I had to!).

Hope this helps!
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I do not know anything about the Roxy board, but I really like the B-pro.

Yes B-pro is on the stiffer size, but I rode stiff camber before so I prefer that.

Rode the B-pro in Pow and it handles very well.

As Eat said, if you want to eventually take it to the park/obstacles/trees, I would get the B-pro 149.
Pigevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the fast and helpful replies!!!

So I guess I will go for the B Pro. The guy in the shop recommended the 152 model, but they still have the 149, too. Unfortunately I donīt have a chance to demo both sizes next to each other, but they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which means if Iīm not happy with the board I can exchange it.
Oh how I wish they only had one size left, so I wouldnīt have to make this decision...
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatRideSleep View Post
Hi and welcome!

I don't know much about the Roxy XOXO but I have the B Pro. Like you, I rode an old camber board for years before getting something with a hybrid profile. You'll probably really like it ONCE you get past the learning curve. It rides differently ime. Demo it if you can.

From what I understand, you can size down a bit with a rocker or hybrid profile. I went from a 151 camber to a 146 C2BTX (120lbs, boot size 8, 5'8" height). Longer is better if you bomb at speeds and will be in powder conditions. The B Pro is on the stiffer side, so if you want to take it into the park eventually, you might want to go for one on the shorter side, like 149. Again, demo if you can. Give it a few runs to adjust to the profile (I had to!).

Hope this helps!
Thanks EatRideSleep! Is it really such a big difference to my old camber board? Well most likely ... You've mentioned the learning curve, does it ride so differently and is there something I'll have to keep in mind or change in regard to how I ride?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can't say how it will be for you but for me, it was like I had to dial back my riding. The best way I can explain it: It felt like I was screaming at the board when a whisper would do.

Once I toned it down and got a feel for it, I found it to be super fun. Way less work than what I was used to on my old, stiff camber.

As for size, realistically consider where/what conditions you'll likely be in most and how much flex you want. Even though I went with the 146 I picked up a softer board for park because I'm new to park and felt the B Pro might not be the best deck (for me) to learn park on.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just wanted to let you know that I went for the 152 B Pro. I had such an amazing time riding it today and am really looking forward to my snowboarding holidays in the Swiss Alpes next week. Thanks again for your advice!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Since you are familar with Rossignol, might want to give a look to the Diva Magtek. Its the board my wife rides and she likes it. Hybrid shape with camber between bindings and rocker tip/tail. And has magnetraction.
Flaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Is the Gnu Ladies Choice an option? C2PTX is incredible!
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote