Thinking about a new board. Need help! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
punk1949

Exclamation Thinking about a new board. Need help!

Hey guys I am new here...anyways I am planning to buy a board off buysnow.com and I wanted to make sure that:

A) They are a good, reliable site
And B is that I get a good board. I have been riding for 4 years, I am 5 8" and I weigh about 145 pounds. This year my crew is doing a lot of street rails (live in Montreal, paradise for that sh*t) and a lot of park at the mountain. I am doing a bit of freeride but 95% of the time jibbing or in the air. I don't really know what size I should get for this type of riding (I'd imagine a bit smaller for more control) and I am pretty sure a twin would do the best job. So anyways, here's the stuff I am looking at....

Ride Snowboards offers Ride 2008 DH 151 snowboards at Buy Snow your source for snowboards . It's a Rome DH 151 inches and I am wondering if it's any good.

Bootwise, I am looking at DC Superpark. I'd imagine they for are park riding and they are also super styley. I like a soft boot, but yet a bit tight and apparently the BOA system is great to adjust with. Here's the link: DC Snowboards offers DC 2008 Super Park boots at Buy Snow your source for snowboards

And finally, I have no idea where to begin with the binding. I currently have Ride LX's and I really like em, but they are a size small ad I need a size 10 boot (so that's not really working). I have always riden Ride and I would love to stick with them, but I don't know what's a good freestyle binding...keep in mind I need a size 10 boot. It would be great if you could find a pair on buysnow.com...

SO that's it. Should I make changes to my list? Am I in good shape? Any input would be delicious...It would be a huge help for someone to guide me through this. Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

If you can afford it get a LibTech Skate Banana, they be so mackin' Mr T would be proud to shred with ya. Basically, they're awesome, they have so much tech in them, you get an almighty jib stick, crossed with a free ride plank.

Look for em at SierraSnowboard.com, heapsa people off here have dealt with these guys, and their primo.

About ye booties, myself and few others on here feel that, DC build quality of their boots are sub-par. But that could come down to a lot of manufacturing flaws, basically get something that supports your foot with enough flex for the park.

Props for the street jibbin'.
KIKNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Do not buy ANY boot that you haven't had a chance to try on. If you see one you like on there, try to find it in a shop somewhere to see if it fits first. Try on as many different kinds as you can and base your decision on that, boot fitment is so variable from person to person that nobody else can tell you what the best one is for you.

Though I'll go ahead and say that last time I was boot shopping I tried on the superparks out of curiosity and they felt like they were made out of soggy cardboard. Completely unacceptable for me, but I'm not a park guy.
gibbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
punk1949

Awesome...thanks guys. I think I might ditch on the DCs, but Ill try em on. Maybe Burtons? I don't have a clue which other brands are good...help would be sick
Old 07-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Word

They have the 2009 skate bananas already on this site at SierraSnowboard.com. I rode the DH last season and was stoked on it. Its got a nice buttery feel and locks to just about anything. I felt it was kind of dead on the booters tho. I traded it for a riders choice and was glad i did. but then again i was prob riding the mountain a little more than you also.