Lib Tech 2014 Snowboards - Page 10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #91 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenbn View Post
so just snapped my 4 day old banana magic. 162w
on a blue run, doing a side wall stall.
Funny I just come across this. My t. Rice HP showed up and the first thing I did was flex it. I heard cracking more than I've ever heard before.

Maybe just breaking in

Lib told me yesterday that the basalt is stronger than fiberglass, or more specifically that the pro model should snap before the hp model.

Sorry about your board man.,.,,
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #92 (permalink)

Dayum definitely gonna look at end of season deals for the Lanvik Phoenix next year.
Epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #93 (permalink)

Has anyone got any more info on the skunkape HP ultra wide? From what little specs I can find online it seems to be only the 180 that is ultra wide which I assume is for powder only.
The reason I ask is that I'm really tall with size 17 feet but weight wise I would love to go down to a 161. Current board is a 165 but I have lost 10kg since last year. I have a lot of overhang and would like to reduce this whilst upgrading and was considering last year's skunkape HP.
AusP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #94 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
Funny I just come across this. My t. Rice HP showed up and the first thing I did was flex it. I heard cracking more than I've ever heard before.

Maybe just breaking in

Lib told me yesterday that the basalt is stronger than fiberglass, or more specifically that the pro model should snap before the hp model.

Sorry about your board man.,.,,
Mervin boards do that because they don't break them in. A guy at the local shop showed me on a bunch. He said when they're bored they go around flexing/cracking them because its fun. Some companies like Burton pre-wear them on a machine so the flex stays as it was when you bought it. Mervin softens up after a few times out.

Not sure if true but seemed plausible, and all the Libs did make the cracking sound.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #95 (permalink)

I've been riding Brando by Lando 2014 for couple of hours.
It's a great board. Stiffer than I expected and I liked that. It has so heavy magnetraction that you can see it even from a distance. Too much for me, when you start carving it's hard to stop
KrzysiekDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #96 (permalink)

AusP - The ultrawide is in 170, not 180. Still larger than you're looking for but a fair bit better. I'm thinking about getting one myself, actually. My size 13 bare feet in a small duck stance go right even with the edge of my Birdman 180. Never really had any toe drag except traversing fresh steeps at Whistler (while riding my Banana Magic 158w). At least I think it was my heels pushing me downhill, and not the snow just crumbling under my weight. Tough to say whether that 2 cm in width will make a good trade off in maneuverability vs a normal wide. Gonna have to wait to find out!
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #97 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I emailed LibTech inquiring about the T.Rice and Darker series boards and this is the reply I got back:

"The T.RICE PRO is a solid board, and the 2014 looks great! The difference between the HP and non HP is all in the fiberglass. More specifically, the HP doesn’t have fiberglass! Instead, it uses a renewable basalt glass made of woven basalt. Not only does this mean that it uses a renewable resource, but it is also significantly lighter. The basalt also has a closer flex pattern to the wood core than fiberglass, but this isn’t as noticeable as the weight difference. They both have the C2 bottom contour, so you get all the pop of regular camber along with all the benefits of banana! As for the blunt vs pointy tip and tail, that’s pretty much for cosmetics only. We put the blunt tip on the smaller boards, and the pointy on the bigger ones. You really won’t know a difference in riding it, it’s just for looks. I highly recommend this board, and just built one myself the other day at the factory! Also, we are releasing a new size for this board in the next few weeks! There will soon be a 155cm, so keep that in mind if you’re thinking of a board around that size.
The DARK SERIES is a great board for the more aggressive rider. It’s a stiffer board that charges! It now has C3, which is closer to the feel of regular camber, but better because it’s a banana! I recommend this board to people who ride fast and hard, and need a board that can handle it. It has a far more aggressive edge hold than any of our other bottom contours, so it’s best suited for a strong snowboarder."
Old 07-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #98 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIceHoundx View Post
I emailed LibTech inquiring about the T.Rice and Darker series boards and this is the reply I got back:

"The T.RICE PRO is a solid board, and the 2014 looks great! The difference between the HP and non HP is all in the fiberglass. More specifically, the HP doesnít have fiberglass! Instead, it uses a renewable basalt glass made of woven basalt. Not only does this mean that it uses a renewable resource, but it is also significantly lighter. The basalt also has a closer flex pattern to the wood core than fiberglass, but this isnít as noticeable as the weight difference. They both have the C2 bottom contour, so you get all the pop of regular camber along with all the benefits of banana! As for the blunt vs pointy tip and tail, thatís pretty much for cosmetics only. We put the blunt tip on the smaller boards, and the pointy on the bigger ones. You really wonít know a difference in riding it, itís just for looks. I highly recommend this board, and just built one myself the other day at the factory! Also, we are releasing a new size for this board in the next few weeks! There will soon be a 155cm, so keep that in mind if youíre thinking of a board around that size.
The DARK SERIES is a great board for the more aggressive rider. Itís a stiffer board that charges! It now has C3, which is closer to the feel of regular camber, but better because itís a banana! I recommend this board to people who ride fast and hard, and need a board that can handle it. It has a far more aggressive edge hold than any of our other bottom contours, so itís best suited for a strong snowboarder."
Sounds accurate, did you have a question?
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #99 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Sounds accurate, did you have a question?
Well the questions I had posed to them was wanting info on the T.Rice Pro board (HP vs non-HP, and pointy vs blunt) and on the Darker series boards.

I'll be coming into my 2nd season snowboarding this coming winter, got a ton of riding in last season on a 2013 Salomon The Villain midwide 155 which I knew was fairly short for my size(6'2", 220lbs, size 12 boots). Im really looking strongly at the 2014 T.Rice Pro and wasn't sure which way to go but I think i'll go with the 2014 T.Rice Pro HP 161.5. What do yall think?
Old 07-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #100 (permalink)

Default TRS or TRice

Need a serious upgrade from a Burton Clash. Looking at TRS or TRice. Ride in OZ on icy groomers mainly. Currently on a 160 but looking for something shorter to play on. I'm 95kgs and wanted to know if a 154 would be too short.

Any info appreciated
Billups is offline   Reply With Quote