rome solution vs. burton custom - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
mitchellglav

ya i think im going with the slash thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
AKMX824

Don't mean to steal the topic, but how wide is the Rome Graft? Been looking at it, wondering if a size 11 boot would work fine on it..?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Froggyste

whatever you get dont get the rome solution!!
i had that fopr my last season, the laminate all chipped off throughout the course of the season and looked shit at the end. to be fair on my guarantee i gave it back and got a graft for free but still, not a great board. ESPECIALLY if u want it to freestyle at all, much too stiff!
id listen to these guys and get a slash it sounds best for what ur lookin for right now
Old 07-23-2008, 01:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellglav View Post
ya i think im going with the slash thanks
the the slash is a great wide board. it has a lot of ollie pop but the flag will launch higher and further on the booters and get more air in the pipe. trust me on this. i rode both the agent and the anthem. the anthem, or flag, will be faster, stiffer and generate more raw pop than the flag (hope that makes sense). plus it will ride the mountain a little bit better. but either one will be ok for you i guess. shred it hard!!

WorD
Old 07-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMX824 View Post
Don't mean to steal the topic, but how wide is the Rome Graft? Been looking at it, wondering if a size 11 boot would work fine on it..?
I have size 10 boots on mine. Fits fine. It also depends on how your bindings are set, too. A duck stance will accomodate a bit of bigger foot than a more traditional forward stance (at least in regard to the back foot)

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggyste View Post
whatever you get dont get the rome solution!!
i had that fopr my last season, the laminate all chipped off throughout the course of the season and looked shit at the end. to be fair on my guarantee i gave it back and got a graft for free but still, not a great board. ESPECIALLY if u want it to freestyle at all, much too stiff!
id listen to these guys and get a slash it sounds best for what ur lookin for right now
Agreed, the Soultion is not a pure freestyle board. It is an inexpensive all-mountain ride. If money is an issue, and you don't intend to be a park-rat, then the Soultion is not a bad choice.

That said, simply because one person had an issue with a product does not mean the entire line of that product is faulty. That is like saying, "Don't date a girl. I dated a girl last year, and all her make-up chipped off and she looked like shit at the end of the season." I think you can see the logical flaw in such reasoning.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote