Is rome mod rocker the right board for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is rome mod rocker the right board for me?

Weight 155lb
Boot size US9
Riding style, charge on grooms, doing small jumps, trees.
Age 26 (not putting on weights)
budget about $400
East coast for the most part but 2-3 trips in Utah/Colorado/Wy/CA etc every season.

Is rome mod rocker 2012 (153cm) the right board for me? I found a deal on evo outlet and really liked the specs but I have some questions.

I snowboarded for 2 seasons (a total of about 40 days) and consider myself an intermediate level boarder. I am 5'11 and 155lb. My first board was a 2008 154cm k2 jibpan which I bought from my friend for $50 lol. I really liked the flexibility and I think I'd prefer something not too stiff for my next board.

I love to ride all type of terrains but especially groomed blues/blacks and tree trails where I can take some quality videos of my friends. I am not that into boxes and rails but I love doing small jumps in the park and just random bumps in the trail.

Since I live in the ice coast, I'd like this board to be able to hand the icy condition but I'd also like it to be able to handle powder when I fly west. Lastly, is 153cm too short for me? I'm not looking to go super fast, would the 4cm difference between a 157 and a 153 really matter that much?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by tian; 02-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.
tian is offline   Reply With Quote