Playful Board for East-Coast? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Playful Board for East-Coast?

I found a steal on a DH2 and grabbed it right when they dropped. Good board, but its really stiff and I am stepping into the park more and more. I love the speed, grip, and pop of my DH2 esp since i ride mostly groomers, and ice on the east coast.

Now, can anyone recommend a more playful board that can keep me alive when its icy up at the top? I see alot of people at my local mountain on the new Forum youngblood. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm undecided between double dog or grandpops version.

All in all I want something alot like my DH2 just much softer. (I'd rate the DH2 at like 8 outta 10.) Im looking for somthing around a 5 outta 10.

Thanks ahead of time. I've got alot of solid info from this Forum (lol pun). You guys are awesome!

PS: How about the new variant of the SL from union (The Factory? i believe)

Edit: Almost forgot! I like the twin aspect of the DH2 ALOT! SO twin is good in recomendations!

Last edited by a4h Saint; 02-06-2013 at 09:51 AM.
a4h Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

something cambered from the burton line - custom or shaun white board, process or mr. nice guy?
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Are you wanting something park friendly and fun? What about a flat or hybrid camber board? I ride a Capita Outdoor and love it, I've heard lots of good things about the Capita Ultrafear and Defenders of Awesome boards as well as the Nitro Rook.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shralp View Post
Are you wanting something park friendly and fun? What about a flat or hybrid camber board? I ride a Capita Outdoor and love it, I've heard lots of good things about the Capita Ultrafear and Defenders of Awesome boards as well as the Nitro Rook.
Yes. The DH2 is basically a flat board i think it has a wee bit of camber on the ends. Some seasons around here arn't so good so I want something playful to keep it fun when the park has been detroyed by warm weather or rain. I like the idea of my friends WWW but he doesn't look so good when its icy.

The jumps around here are like 30' at the biggest, so i dont need something with massive pop to throw me 70+.

Doesn't the double dog from forum have hybrid camber? idk... so many different techs... I will look into some capita...never have before for some reason...
a4h Saint is offline   Reply With Quote