Bataleon 2014 Snowboards - New Boss Model, etc - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 45
Default bataleon catalog

hey guys,
here is a digital copy of the 2013/14 bataleon catalog. enjoy! The evil twin looks good!.... for once.

Bataleon 2013/2014 Catalog
forum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
extra0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 624
Default

don't know why they dropped the undisputed. yeah, the omni is a very similar board, but is way too soft for all mtn/pow...hell, even the evil twin is stiffer
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,299
Default

Here are vids for the two new models in the Bataleon line:



Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Default Evil Twin Vs. Boss

So I'm curious if there are any advantages in having the Evil Twin over the Boss? Obviously the evil twin is going to be cheaper, but with price aside...what are the differences between the two? Is the boss a little more stiff, snappy, and hard charging? Does the carbon make for it to be stronger and more poppy, and responsive without sacrificing flex and jibbing? Any info or experience would be appreciated.
Salt Lake Tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Lake Tahoe View Post
So I'm curious if there are any advantages in having the Evil Twin over the Boss? Obviously the evil twin is going to be cheaper, but with price aside...what are the differences between the two? Is the boss a little more stiff, snappy, and hard charging? Does the carbon make for it to be stronger and more poppy, and responsive without sacrificing flex and jibbing? Any info or experience would be appreciated.

The difference in the Boss is the carbon at the inserts which is designed to add edge grip for enhanced carvability and to notch up the pop as well. The Flex is designed to be the same.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 926
Default

wired, if you had to compare bases on the cameltoe. How much difference would you notice in pow on extruded base as oppose to sintered. cant decide between cameltoe or unity whale.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
briancgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 76
Default

I don't know much about bataleon but the Boss looks sick and sounds like a Great board for my style of riding. Does anyone know how durable they are?

The reason I ask is because I went from Never Summer to an Arbor Westmark this year and was seriously disappointed with the durability of the Arbor.

Last edited by briancgrs; 02-19-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
briancgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
wired, if you had to compare bases on the cameltoe. How much difference would you notice in pow on extruded base as oppose to sintered. cant decide between cameltoe or unity whale.
In pow, if they are both well waxed you would notice no difference based on base type alone.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancgrs View Post
I don't know much about bataleon but the Boss looks sick and sounds like a Great board for my style of riding. Does anyone know how durable they are?

The reason I ask is because I went from Never Summer to an Arbor Westmark this year and was seriously disappointed with the durability of the Arbor.
I am surprised to hear that about the Arbor board. What was the issue? Bataleon makes a good, strong board.

STOKED!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
briancgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
I am surprised to hear that about the Arbor board. What was the issue? Bataleon makes a good, strong board.

STOKED!
The base has been gauged to the core of the board in several spots and I haven't ridden it any different or different locations, no noticeable rocks or anything, the topsheet dents and a bunch of chunks off of the topsheet. I have had my NS for 3 years and the westmark was brand new this season and already you would think the NS is newer than the arbor... Just hasn't been durable, getting that torn up in one season is crazy to me, especially since, like I said, the NS SL has lasted 3 years and is in considerably better condition.....


Anyways, enough complaining. Thanks for the info, I'm seriously considering the boss!
briancgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums