Bataleon 2014 Snowboards - New Boss Model, etc - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Default bataleon catalog

hey guys,
here is a digital copy of the 2013/14 bataleon catalog. enjoy! The evil twin looks good!.... for once.

Bataleon 2013/2014 Catalog
forum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

don't know why they dropped the undisputed. yeah, the omni is a very similar board, but is way too soft for all mtn/pow...hell, even the evil twin is stiffer
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Here are vids for the two new models in the Bataleon line:

Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default Evil Twin Vs. Boss

So I'm curious if there are any advantages in having the Evil Twin over the Boss? Obviously the evil twin is going to be cheaper, but with price aside...what are the differences between the two? Is the boss a little more stiff, snappy, and hard charging? Does the carbon make for it to be stronger and more poppy, and responsive without sacrificing flex and jibbing? Any info or experience would be appreciated.
Salt Lake Tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Lake Tahoe View Post
So I'm curious if there are any advantages in having the Evil Twin over the Boss? Obviously the evil twin is going to be cheaper, but with price aside...what are the differences between the two? Is the boss a little more stiff, snappy, and hard charging? Does the carbon make for it to be stronger and more poppy, and responsive without sacrificing flex and jibbing? Any info or experience would be appreciated.

The difference in the Boss is the carbon at the inserts which is designed to add edge grip for enhanced carvability and to notch up the pop as well. The Flex is designed to be the same.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

wired, if you had to compare bases on the cameltoe. How much difference would you notice in pow on extruded base as oppose to sintered. cant decide between cameltoe or unity whale.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #17 (permalink)

I don't know much about bataleon but the Boss looks sick and sounds like a Great board for my style of riding. Does anyone know how durable they are?

The reason I ask is because I went from Never Summer to an Arbor Westmark this year and was seriously disappointed with the durability of the Arbor.

Last edited by briancgrs; 02-19-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
briancgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
wired, if you had to compare bases on the cameltoe. How much difference would you notice in pow on extruded base as oppose to sintered. cant decide between cameltoe or unity whale.
In pow, if they are both well waxed you would notice no difference based on base type alone.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancgrs View Post
I don't know much about bataleon but the Boss looks sick and sounds like a Great board for my style of riding. Does anyone know how durable they are?

The reason I ask is because I went from Never Summer to an Arbor Westmark this year and was seriously disappointed with the durability of the Arbor.
I am surprised to hear that about the Arbor board. What was the issue? Bataleon makes a good, strong board.

STOKED!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
I am surprised to hear that about the Arbor board. What was the issue? Bataleon makes a good, strong board.

STOKED!
The base has been gauged to the core of the board in several spots and I haven't ridden it any different or different locations, no noticeable rocks or anything, the topsheet dents and a bunch of chunks off of the topsheet. I have had my NS for 3 years and the westmark was brand new this season and already you would think the NS is newer than the arbor... Just hasn't been durable, getting that torn up in one season is crazy to me, especially since, like I said, the NS SL has lasted 3 years and is in considerably better condition.....

Anyways, enough complaining. Thanks for the info, I'm seriously considering the boss!
briancgrs is offline   Reply With Quote