alas, i'm looking for my first board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Risu

Default alas, i'm looking for my first board

i'm looking for a snowboard for next season. i've been riding on and off for a few years but decided i really enjoy snowboarding last season. i guess i'm still pretty beginner, i finally learned how to carve properly and have been working on speed and control. i'm 5'2, 125-130lbs, female and i have a pair of size 8 salomon vigil boots, which i bought this year. i'm still iffy on what length board i should get, i want to be able to ride the mountain with ease but still hit the park if i feel confident enough this year. i was thinking of getting something in the 138-140 range, but idk. i was looking at forum aura boards at 138 cm, but they have a waist width of ~22, and my boots are 25.5. how much wiggle room can i give myself as far as waist measurements go for boots? is there a better choice board for me? i'm not incredibly picky, i just want something i can grow with. i'm willing to spend ~$200-$300 thanks guys!

Last edited by Risu; 07-24-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get a real sized board 138 are you a frigging 10 year old? Seriously bump up to a 144 at least. You're a female that means right there you have to never worry about the waist of a board, then again do you mount your bindings dead center of a board? Nope look at the nose/tail widths instead.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ The New blue sucks donkey balls.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

When I can't flex a 151 thats designed for someone 40lbs less than me there's issues.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

We don't know what they did to it. But the only board I rode stiffer than it that day was Venture model that was for "big" mountain riding. That 151 was stiffer than 58 SL and a bunch of other boards I own. Romes stuff is just retarded these days.