Need some advice on my equipment - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need some advice on my equipment

FIRST POST!!
I have been reading the forums here for a while but never signed up for an account and found you guys very informative. So I was looking for some help on my gear set up or should I say what my local ski/board shop has match me to.
This is my second season of riding and my first season with my own equipment. I learnt on one of those Burton LTR boards 155cm and then moved to a 153cm after a few weeks. This went on for about 8 weeks of renting a few times a month for lessons. I was instantly hooked to snowboarding
Off season comes I thought ok ill pick up my own equipment and get a good off season deal while I抦 at it. I went in with a list of boards I thought I wanted and came out with a something I never even considered at first (though I did some research on it). Which was a 153cm GNU Park Pickle, Burton moto boots (which have packed out now and are so comfy.), and Burton missions bindings.

My body type
Age 26
Height 5𘽻/2
Weight 135-140 pounds
Boots size 7 US (shop put me in medium bindings but my concern is the board waist width is 25.2cm)
Stance 21.5 inch
Binding Angles 12/6

I have not really discovered my riding style but have ridden various conditions at the moment park isn抰 my thing. I抦 from Ontario so big mountains are non-existent and its east coast conditions. I抳e been to mount Okemo in Vermont a few weeks ago and that blew my mind haha. I guess all I抦 looking for is if this board is making things harder on me ?So far I seem to be fine on it but the questions linger in my mind. I can post videos of riding to for maybe things to improve on. I've been on the board 3 solid days at okemo and atleast 10 times out to my local hill
Thanks in advance guys!!
Timmehb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's a good board for the east coast. The wavy edges make it a lot better on ice and hard pack. It might take you some time to get used to the reverse camber as I assume the Burton you learned on had traditional camber.
scrotumphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotumphillips View Post
That's a good board for the east coast. The wavy edges make it a lot better on ice and hard pack. It might take you some time to get used to the reverse camber as I assume the Burton you learned on had traditional camber.
The MTX seems to work lol...atleast its given me confidence when riding on crap. 153cm being 90-170 weight id assume this would make it less of a noodle keep in mind im still new to all this so between that burton rental and the pickle its all i know... I have very much enjoyed the pickle and would say I have about 40 hours worth of riding on it....but...

As I learn and progress I still wonder if I should have got the GNU riders choice dont know if it would really make that much of a difference....but ya the burton ltr rental was a good old camber board.
Timmehb86 is offline   Reply With Quote