UPS screwed me over, need help with new setup! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default UPS screwed me over, need help with new setup!

Long story short those morons lost my massive snowboard bag with everything inside, and yes I mean everything (this was 3 days before I went to snowmass). So I'm putting together a new setup while gear is cheap.

Just for some info I'm about 5'10", 175lbs, sz9. Love charging the mountain (65-70mph), love steep powder even more, and comfortable going off 30-40ft park jumps.

I was riding a 158 custom x, co2, and Ions all from the 2011 season. Can't say I had a single complaint with any of my gear its all very aggressive and suits my style perfectly so it sucked to lose it.

I just bought a "second" 2013 customX158 for $390 but it was narrowed down between that or the Capita BSOD before I bought it tonight, just couldnt resist for so cheap, did I make the right decision????

Haven't seen or tried any of the 13' burton bindings but I feel like they're fading a little bit. Mildly considering the Diodes, but definitely more interested in the Union Chargers, Ride El Hefes, or the Flux DMCC. THIS IS WHERE I NEED ADVICE THE MOST.

As far as boots, loved my ions A LOT, maybe more than the board but I've heard nothing but great things about the nike boots so itd be between the IONS or the ZOOM ITES.

IM OPEN TO OTHER SUGGESTIONS NOT MENTIONED AS WELL IF YOU THINK ITD BE GOOD FOR MY RIDING STYLE

THANK YOU FOR ALL ADVICE
wabryan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

The Cartels (especially if you can find the Cartel Limiteds) or the Malavitas always seem to be a good choice from what I'm hearing. About the same responsiveness as the CO2s.

I have a 2010 Custom X with CO2s and ride in the Nike Kaijus. Admittedly I'm not riding nearly as fast as you down the Ice Coast though lol. I understand the Zoom Ites are supposed to be stiffer but I've had no problems with the Kaiju thus far. They are comparable to the Ions in stiffness.

As for UPS (I HATE UPS by the way. I only use FedEx), I hope you are on them about reimbursing you for your loss.

Last edited by Soul06; 02-07-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

As far as the boots go, if you loved your ions there is no reason to change to something else. Nike has good reviews by some and horrible reviews by others, the truth is probable somewhere in the middle. My opinion is that if you have found boots you really like you should stick with them until you decide you dont like them.

As far as bindings go I dont have experience with any of the bindings you are looking at so sorry i cant help you with that.

The custom X is clearly the right choice since you only bought a new board because it got lost and you liked it.

Sorry this wasnt more informative. My primary advice is dont change things just for the sake of change.
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

yeah I was also looking at the kaiju too. Reviews made them seem like they weren't that stiff and after dealing with rentals the stiffness of the boot seems very important to me.

Any advice on the Union Chargers? Do they work just as well on burtons channel system than burtons own bindings?? Comparable to the CO2s??
wabryan90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, bsod, custom x, setup, union