Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Rome Flag 163 - thoughts? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/6335-rome-flag-163-thoughts.html)

T.J. 07-29-2008 06:18 AM

Rome Flag 163 - thoughts?

I'm looking for a wide all mountain board. Neversummer Titan TX was my first choice but even last years left overs are still damn expensive. i found a Rome Flag 163 for cheap and i'm thinking about pulling the trigger but i want to make sure its going to work for my needs. i've never ridden a board that big or wide before.

like i said i want this to be my all mountain board. freeride, pow, and trees (i have a ride dh for the park). will the 163 be too big for the glades at jay peak?

i currently have a size 12 boot but they are so packed out i see myself dropping at least a full shoe size for new boots this winter. 6 ft. 175 lb.

all advice is welcome. thanks in advance...

BurtonAvenger 07-29-2008 10:36 AM

Flag is just the wide anthem, I found the new sidecut on it too weird with the flex pattern it just wanted to fold in hard carves.

Get new boots before you decide on a wide model.

killclimbz 07-29-2008 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
TJ, you might give BC Surf n Sport a call. They had the Titan TX there for a decent discount. If I get a chance I'll swing by and see what they got. Probably going to cost more than the Fag..Flag, but it's money well spent.

T.J. 07-29-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger (Post 60133)
Flag is just the wide anthem, I found the new sidecut on it too weird with the flex pattern it just wanted to fold in hard carves.

Get new boots before you decide on a wide model.

thanks av, i was thinking the same thing about getting the boots before i get a new board. besides, at this point new boots are a necessity, a new board is not. i ended up not pulling the trigger anyway. it was an ebay auction and it went for more than i wanted to spend.

T.J. 07-29-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killclimbz (Post 60140)
TJ, you might give BC Surf n Sport a call. They had the Titan TX there for a decent discount. If I get a chance I'll swing by and see what they got. Probably going to cost more than the Fag..Flag, but it's money well spent.

shwerd. thanks duder

BurtonAvenger 07-29-2008 11:10 AM

Look for a boot that has a true intuition liner like Ride or K2 and see if you can really downsize.

killclimbz 07-29-2008 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
TJ,

I swung by the shop by my work. They did not have any Titan TX's. Looks like all of their Neversummer boards are marked down $120 to $140. The guy did say they probably have some at one of their other shops in the area. I didn't bother to have him look as I was running around. You can call them and see if they can track one down and see what the price is. 303-768-8908. I've had good luck talking these guys down on the price they list by as much as $80. So it's worth haggling if you are ready to buy.

T.J. 07-29-2008 02:33 PM

sweet. thanks Gary!