All mountain jibbing boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default All mountain jibbing boards

So my parents moved to WA, but I'm living out in the midwest looking for some mountains to hit. Lucky me, they're bribing me with a new stick setup if I come visit them, which is awesome because they are less than an hour from White Pass by Mt Rainier.

I have the bindings picked out with the help of a friend of mine over at a local ASBCO, and my boots are good to go, but I'm trying to learn jibbing and butters since, when I'm in Ohio, my little mole hill of mountain is pretty flat and perfect for it. It also has a pretty sizable terrain park for a 250 foot "mountain." I need it to be not so much a one quiver board but I don't want to have to carry a bag of 4 boards wherever I stop off to bomb some pow, like in WA where the runs are a hell of a lot steeper. Especially White Pass, which is geared towards DH runs rather than park.

Over the past couple weeks, I did some research into it, and found a few boards I like that seem to fit the bill, and reviews and whatnot say they are really good boards, but I figure I poll the masses of more experienced people than myself. I don't have much experience with rocker board choice, I've mostly ridden camber, so what do can you guys tell me about jibbing, butters, and good boards for it?

Breakdown: I want board that will jib and butter well, but at the same time be stable at speed if that's possible.

I'm 180 at 5'9"
Boots: Ride Anthems
Bindings: K2 Cinch CTS
Boards I've looked at:

K2 Fastplant
NS Proto CT
NS SL

I threw the SL on just because some of the reviewers put it above the Proto for being a multi-use board even though its set back a little for more DH and freeride. What do you think?
cracknoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Fastplant is good, Proto is overpriced, SL is eh if you want it jibby.

If it were me, Salomon Sabotage, Flow Era, Bataleon Whatever, Signal OG Flat, Arbor Westmark, or a Nitro Rook.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not so sure about the Salomon the nitro or the Signal, and I'm a little sketch on the Bataleon, but it looks good. How does it stack up against the Westmark?
cracknoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

I second the Soloman Sabotage. Really like that board. Look into Forum's snowboards they are all 30% off. Youngblood, destroyer etc.
BackLip is offline   Reply With Quote