How much faster are fluorinated waxes? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How much faster are fluorinated waxes?

Couple wax questions. How much faster do fluoro waxes go? Are they worth the additional cost?

Oh! And wax temps. Here in Southern CA I think I'll end up using "warm" waxes all season long. Are the temperature ratings on the waxes referring to the general local temp or the temperature of the actual snow? Yeah I know this question probably has an obvious answer.
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Snow temps. Fluoro wax is horrible for the environment and you. Get some soy based wax thats all temp. I recommend Purl wax.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for being so detailed, Sno! Very interesting. I just bought a 100g block of Burton's hydrocarbon all temp wax, which I think was a good deal ($5, free s/h) off Sierra. Hopefully it should get me thru next season.

I'm in SOUTHERN southern CA hehe. Big Bear and Mountain High. I can get thru an average winter snow day without long johns under my pants down here.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Interesting... I'll have to check that out too. Um, anyone know the link to the actual product page for Bluebird? Their website is super messy.

The funny thing is, do I really want to go as fast as the expensive waxes will let me go, considering how short the runs are down here, hehe. Another train of though could be... since the snow sucks here I should get the most ideal waxes to get the most out of it. Whatevers, tje cheaper the better for me.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Realistically you won't notice the difference between a generic all temp and the highest end 100 dollars for 10 grams of powdered wax. You're not racing on the Olympic level.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Realistically you won't notice the difference between a generic all temp and the highest end 100 dollars for 10 grams of powdered wax. You're not racing on the Olympic level.
Yup, agreed.