Does anyone have any warranty experience with Rome? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does anyone have any warranty experience with Rome?

Hey all. I just noticed a small hole in the topsheet of my new board. It's on the edge of the photo in the center of the board, for those who are familiar with the Anthem. It's about 1.5mm wide and about 2mm deep. It's somewhat of a "clean" circular hole, almost as if something bored or screwed through it.

Rome's website says I need to take it to an authorized dealer, which I'll do. I'm wondering if some of you would like to share your warranty experience with Rome.

I don't know much about snowboard contruction and repair, but I find it discomforting that they'll repair it or fill it in. I get the feeling like my boards being devirginized or somethin. Maybe they'll send me an '09!
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 02:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

I lost a screw to my toe ramp and they sent me a new ramp the nest day. That is alittle different than your case. I have found that warranty issues are usually a bitch but think they will hoo you up. I will send you later the email address of the guy that helped me. I would take a couple of close photos so when you have them on the phone they can also look at it. Do they use prepeg when they make boards?
ttchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttchad View Post
I lost a screw to my toe ramp and they sent me a new ramp the nest day. That is alittle different than your case. I have found that warranty issues are usually a bitch but think they will hoo you up. I will send you later the email address of the guy that helped me. I would take a couple of close photos so when you have them on the phone they can also look at it. Do they use prepeg when they make boards?
Oh ok cool! And I looked it up but I don't really understand what prepreg is. I really hope they don't dismantle my board. It just won't be the same. Hell, maybe I should return it and consider another all mountain board. Eh...

PS-Um mods, would you mind moving this thread to general board talk? Yeah I'm an idiot.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

From what I hear that board rocks and I would keep it. I want one myself.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

Rome customer services are the doggy's dangler!

i registered my deck with them and then waited 6 months before whining about a lack of die cast stickers, as was their promise. a few weeks later: a shed load of stickers.

my missus used her new madison binders for 10 days; the high back on one fell apart a bit. she wrote one letter; 3 weeks later a brand new pair of next season high backs

they are good guys. as are the burton people. i bought a burton deck in italia. 18 months later it delaminated. i took it to a burton stockist in the UK. they shipped it to germany. the burton boffins checked it out and within 6 weeks of me sending my old board, they gave me a comparable, next season deck, with a limited edition top sheet.

they take your board to check that you haven;t smashed it up deliberately, but also to ensure ongoing and proactive quality control.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Chances are it sounds like someone miss drilled the inserts and hit the center of the board. If its new and you can take it back do so, if not contact them through their website on the riders council. Al will get back to you in like 2 or 3 days.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Chances are it sounds like someone miss drilled the inserts and hit the center of the board. If its new and you can take it back do so, if not contact them through their website on the riders council. Al will get back to you in like 2 or 3 days.
Yeah, it still qualifies for a return where I bought it. I really love this board (at least what everyone says about it) and it is extremely hard to find at this price ($250) and size (159). It's new, never even been mounted yet. This board was shipped from a retail location of an online store, valsurf.com. I'm pretty sure I happened to get the last one. I have strong reason to believe it wasn't sold at their retail store all this time for the defect I found.

That "contact" thing on the syndicate page kinda seemed fishy too me but I guess that's the only real way to contact Rome personally. Thanks!!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

I wish I had known about Valsurf before I bought an atomic Radon. I have been real happy with my Targa's and Rome's customer support!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Kind of fishy? WTF dude its on their so people can be helped. But whatever man you can sit their and stare and something thats probably 99% cosmetic or you could take a proactive approach.

God I swear the more I'm in this industry the more I'm ready to retire.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Kind of fishy? WTF dude its on their so people can be helped. But whatever man you can sit their and stare and something thats probably 99% cosmetic or you could take a proactive approach.

God I swear the more I'm in this industry the more I'm ready to retire.
By fishy I meant it didn't look like a direct warranty inquiry box and more of a general comment box. The site doesn't offer any straightforward contact info like a cs phone number or email.

It's probably cosmetic but when I'm paying a hard earned $275 for a new snowboard which retails for $500, I am expecting a NEW snowboard. If there's gonna be any damage on it, which is inevitable, I wanna be the one causing it, heh.

Last edited by SilverK20A3; 07-30-2008 at 11:47 PM.