Question about board for tree riding/all mountain - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question about board for tree riding/all mountain

Hey,

I have a couple of questions regarding different styles of boards. I currently own a Burton camber board and itís a great board but I am finding more and more that my favorite style of riding is powder (like everyone else) and specifically tree runs. The camber holds a great edge and I can fly down groomers but I heard that different board shapes would be more suited to what I like to do.

I am now looking at a burton spring-loaded board (3 rocker sections and 2 camber sections I believe) and am wondering if I will notice a big difference in the feel of the board especially on powder. Also my current camber board is a 162wide but I was thinking of getting a hybrid in about 158cm as I feel it will be a little more nimble in the trees. My boot size is 11.5 burton ions and I was told that I donít necessarily need a wide board. This is good as this particular board only comes in 155, 158, and 162 but the 162 is really hard to find so my only option is really a 158. The 158 is 250 mm waist width and my current board is a 159 waist width. I am 185lbs so at the top of the weight range for the 158cm board.

So just wondering if my logic is correct about getting a slightly shorter board making it easier to be nimble in the trees, easier turn initiation, but of course with less surface area than a 162 it will be slightly slower and slightly less float in powder?

Thanks for your help.
Guitar-Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey,

The more I am reading Im not sure if the 158 will work. I have 11.5 boots with reduction technology (Burton Ions) but the waist width on the board is 250mm. I have heard some people say this will work but not sure. The 162 has a waist width of 255.
Guitar-Zan is offline   Reply With Quote