lib tech t rice board size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default lib tech t rice board size

hey guys, ive decided to finally buy my own board after just finishing my 7th holiday snowboarding (japan this time!)...im thinking about the lib tech t rice board. I cant really do tricks and so dont want a park board. most of my time is spent on groomers or in pow (when i go to the right place)

Just want an opinion on the size....I'm 5'9 and 150 pounds...i usually ride a board thats 155 and find that suits. i tried a 165 in the pow in japan and found it wasnt manoeuvrable enough for me. The board usually retails for like $550 but i can get a good deal on a 153 for only $460, i just thought how much diff can 2cm really make?!

Thoughts?

cheers
wedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You'll be fine on 153.
ksup3erb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah a 153 is will ok but you want that float in the pow I would say a 155 -158. I would almost hold out till you get what you really want. I really have no idea how good you are at boarding so if you are any good you can make a 153 work. I would also look at the gnu billy goat, arbor coda and k2 turbo dream.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by readimag View Post
Yeah a 153 is will ok but you want that float in the pow I would say a 155 -158. I would almost hold out till you get what you really want. I really have no idea how good you are at boarding so if you are any good you can make a 153 work. I would also look at the gnu billy goat, arbor coda and k2 turbo dream.
Well out of the 7 times ive snowboarded its been 3 times in AUS where i live and once in New Zealand both are icey as! The only times ive ridden in proper snow was in colorado and japan was just mountains of deep powder. so ideally id like a board thats good in pow but based on my track record and where i live i wont be powder boarding much. THis board is exactly what i want...good all mountain rocker camber hybrid. so hopefully 2cm wont make much diff. plus its $470 incl shipping! every other board retails for like 500-650
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have had a similar issue. I have been riding in New Zealand recently and it is eerily similar to east coast US riding which I was used to on my local hills...icy as hell. I am heading back to japan next week as well, where i'll get back into the pow. (I'm 5'6 155) I ride a 153 lib attack banana and I tried my buddy's t rice. Both performed like champs in the ice which is where i end up spending most of my time. I have been to japan, and in fact I'm heading back next week and will be taking my lib. Getting to hit Japan and some powder occasionally means a little extra work on those boards (IMO) but its worth it to me rather than struggling on my local mountain with a longer board built for powder that I would rarely get to push to its limits.
Killian4488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian4488 View Post
I have had a similar issue. I have been riding in New Zealand recently and it is eerily similar to east coast US riding which I was used to on my local hills...icy as hell. I am heading back to japan next week as well, where i'll get back into the pow. (I'm 5'6 155) I ride a 153 lib attack banana and I tried my buddy's t rice. Both performed like champs in the ice which is where i end up spending most of my time. I have been to japan, and in fact I'm heading back next week and will be taking my lib. Getting to hit Japan and some powder occasionally means a little extra work on those boards (IMO) but its worth it to me rather than struggling on my local mountain with a longer board built for powder that I would rarely get to push to its limits.
Hear hear! totally agree. i mean i guess i can put my bindings one notch back and just lean more lol. i LOVE powder boarding but...lets get real, unless i move to j-pan...

153 t rice it is. 460 bucks posted to Australia. what a bargain
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
MJP

Go with the 153 Trice. I'm 5'10", weigh 165, owned a 157 and downsized to a 153. I have no problem in the powder, groomers, ice, whatever it may be.....
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dude go for the 153!

It will be so much more fun!

It will still float great, unless it's 3 feet deep - but how often does that happen?

You will get so much more use out of it, it will be rad in the trees - a lot more playful. So much more fun on non-powder days.

I'm 165lbs and I have a 153 with a very similar camber option to the trice - and I've had it in 20" of powder and it did great. I have a 156 lib tech and a 159 ride highlife - I rarely use my 159 unless it's super deep or side/backcountry. I am mainly on my 153 as it's so much for fun - especially for any kind of day. The only downside is it's hard to charge super fast as it get's a tad unstable at high speeds and mid-day powder when it's all chopped up it can have a hard time plowing through.

either way - 153 will be fine.
WasatchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

well in japan 3 feet happens all the time haha! every day powder days means no friends all season lol

okay 153 it is, so pumped to get it. now i just have to pick out some bindings and boots. have zero idea on what to get or how you even choose...

any suggestions?

cheers
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

hey wedore,

i am 5'11" 155lbs on a 153cm T Rice Pro. Board felt right since the 1st run. A bit hesitant about going to a 155cm. Then i got a K2 155cm park board for fun. Guess what, they are of the same length! And since the T Rice 153cm is a blunted tip it feels more like a 155cm.

Haven't ridden it in powder yet, i'm on the east coast ice. The Gnu rider's choice came close to my t rice. Best board I have ridden, no regrets.
frombrooklyn22 is offline   Reply With Quote