Raptor vs. Turbo Dream - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Turbo hands down.

Harshmellow is gonna make it ride smoother, but since you're getting your dampening from that instead of just how the whole board is built it will also remain more lively. The hyper progressive sidecut blends an infinite number of sidecuts together, if you know your edges and can manipulate a board the grip and ability to push through chunder is great. And personally I prefer flat or camber between my feet, not rocker (with very limited exceptions).
If the OP likes groomers and pow would the ultra dream be a better option than the turbo dream? I'm interested in these two boards also and don't think there is much between them, aside from the ultra shape being tweaked more for backcountry and pow. It would still probably be fine on groomers too. What do you think Nivek, you've ridden both, right?
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're looking for a do everything pow board then the Ultra, if you're looking for a do everything and pow board, the Turbo.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you're looking for a do everything pow board then the Ultra, if you're looking for a do everything and pow board, the Turbo.
Yeah figured that, thanks. Did you ever get to try the slayblade? Can it handle pow?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Turbo hands down.

Harshmellow is gonna make it ride smoother, but since you're getting your dampening from that instead of just how the whole board is built it will also remain more lively. The hyper progressive sidecut blends an infinite number of sidecuts together, if you know your edges and can manipulate a board the grip and ability to push through chunder is great. And personally I prefer flat or camber between my feet, not rocker (with very limited exceptions).
Have you ridden a Raptor?
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Have you ridden a Raptor?
Nope. In a more all mountain oriented board I rarely prefer rocker between the feet. When it comes to that type of riding I tend to sit back seat a lot, just how I ride. So something with rocker between the beet gets weird on me in rough situations and I butt check too much in deeper snow. Flat between has always eliminated that feeling for me so I just prefer that or camrock.

Slayblade will do fine in pow, you'll have to site on your back foot more than the Ultra or Turbo, but the Blade will be more powerful in general just cause you always have tip to tip engagement with the board.

More groomers, rough situations: Blade, Turbo, Ultra.
More pow, nicer conditions: Ultra, Turbo, Blade.

Also, buy my things?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope. In a more all mountain oriented board I rarely prefer rocker between the feet. When it comes to that type of riding I tend to sit back seat a lot, just how I ride. So something with rocker between the beet gets weird on me in rough situations and I butt check too much in deeper snow. Flat between has always eliminated that feeling for me so I just prefer that or camrock.

Slayblade will do fine in pow, you'll have to site on your back foot more than the Ultra or Turbo, but the Blade will be more powerful in general just cause you always have tip to tip engagement with the board.

Hard charging skilled rider (most conditions) : Raptor...
danm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Hard charging skilled rider (most conditions) : Raptor...
Sure, if you like overspending on a board that isn't better than its competition...

Also, buy my things?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:

What do you think of the new "lifted" profile on the 2014 slayblade?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure, if you like overspending on a board that isn't better than its competition...
If you havent ridden it then I dont think this can be considered an accurate statement. Just as I havent ridden either of the dreams, I wouldnt say the raptor is or isnt any better than either. Would be ideal for the OP to ride all 3 to get a feel for what he prefers. I have no regrets with the Raptor and actually handles the rough stuff very well. Hell I live in SoCal. Lots of chop to power through.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
What do you think of the new "lifted" profile on the 2014 slayblade?
This is the future of camber. It just makes more sense. Anyone that felt like the Blade wasn't lively enough, this should fix that. I am actually expecting to get a Happy Hour for next year, I think it will just make that board so much better.

Also, buy my things?