Suggestion on Beginner board? Forum Recon or GNU CHB.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
evan333

Default Suggestion on Beginner board? Forum Recon or GNU CHB....

Hi all,

I'm 6'0 ft. 170 lbs I guess I should go with a snowboard 158 cm...Snowboarding is something I would like to take up this winter and would like some advise on a Snowboard to buy.

From what I have read the boots are most important followed by the bindings and finally the snowboard

In regards to the snowboard I was wondering what I should buy? From what I have seen out there I have narrowed it down to the Forum Recon or the GNU CHB or the Palmer P line Palmer Snowboard Palmer P Line Snowboard... but AM OPEN TO OTHER SUGGESTIONS. I know alot of people say to rent first but this is something I want to commit to and I feel like buying a snowboard will get me out there

I found the Palmer P line and the Forum recon both 50% off for 150$

I have about 350$ tops to spend on the Snowboard alone..any sugestions or comments would be greatly valued

Thanks!

Last edited by evan333; 08-01-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The CHB is a good choice, as is a Stairmaster.

You can also probably find some Union Forces for 99 on sierra, and boots...be sure to try them on first. Of all things, if your feet aren't happy, you won't be.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
evan333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minger View Post
The CHB is a good choice, as is a Stairmaster.

You can also probably find some Union Forces for 99 on sierra, and boots...be sure to try them on first. Of all things, if your feet aren't happy, you won't be.
Hey thanks alot!

Any thought on the Forum Recon? Because I am looking at one right now for 50% off 150$ at sierrasnowboard

Any thoughts also on the Ride LX bindings? They were recommended to me from someone

Thanks

Last edited by evan333; 08-01-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

:P I was on there when they recommended it...I'm CivicForever on there. Don't see anything wrong with them, but I'd probably spend the extra 30 for the better bindings
Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan333 View Post
Hey thanks alot!

Any thought on the Forum Recon? Because I am looking at one right now for 50% off 150$ at sierrasnowboard

Thanks
Hi. I have a 2008 Forum Recon 158. I had a great time with it. It's a great beginner board especially at that price. Very easy to learn on, very flexible. Last season was my first season snowboarding and I've been on mine about 8 times. If you're a fast learner I suggest getting something a little more intermediate. While its a great overall board, because its capabilities are kinda limited, you might outgrow it quicker than you prefer.

In fact, I'm planning on selling mine. Are you located near LA? Want mine? PM me if you're interested, hehe.

I personally am gonna be focusing on bombing runs next season, and got myself a Rome Anthem for the job.

You also gotta tell us what style of riding you're gonna be doing the most.
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
evan333

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverK20A3 View Post
Hi. I have a 2008 Forum Recon 158. I had a great time with it. It's a great beginner board especially at that price. Very easy to learn on, very flexible. Last season was my first season snowboarding and I've been on mine about 8 times. If you're a fast learner I suggest getting something a little more intermediate. While its a great overall board, because its capabilities are kinda limited, you might outgrow it quicker than you prefer.

In fact, I'm planning on selling mine. Are you located near LA? Want mine? PM me if you're interested, hehe.

I personally am gonna be focusing on bombing runs next season, and got myself a Rome Anthem for the job.

You also gotta tell us what style of riding you're gonna be doing the most.

Hey wish I could help you out but i'm on the complete opposite end of the country in Buffalo NY lol. Just interested in basic riding for now
Old 08-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hey evan...if you're ever by Rochester, I may have a board for you... 157 Salomon Prospect that my brother is selling. Didn't realize you were so close
Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
evan333

Just to update everyone I went with the Fourm Recon 158 and the Burton Mission Bindings in white/gold. Ugly color but hear they are decent bindings and there was a great deal on sierra....

Plan on shopping around town for boots...any suggestions other then try on a bunch of pairs
Old 08-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're in Buffalo go drive over to Phatman and talk to the guys there and see what they recommend. Or wait till the weekend of October 11th and 12 there will be the big fall fest ski and snowboard swap in ellicottville.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote