Board or something else? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board or something else?

Hi guys. I'm a new rider. I have the following equipment:

1/ Ride Agenda board(2011)
2 Ride Anthem boots
3/ Burton Cartel Bindings

My feet get really really sore and tired after riding even a little bit. I ride in a normal stance, and in particular, my back foot (the right foot) is very sore and tired when riding very short distances. It feels as if I'm using my feet exclusively to do everything, such as balance, turning, and stopping, etc.

So what am I doing wrong? Is the fitting of my boot too loose? Am I strapped into the binding too loose or tightly? Is the boot too stiff? Or is my technique just wrong? The reason I'm posting here is because I believe it's a combination of the board and my technique. What do you guys think?
caunyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'd be a lot more suspicious of your boots than your board. I have this problem sometimes, and I think it's a combination of needing to get my feet in better shape, needing to rely more on larger muscles/balance for turns instead of muscling the board with my feet, and the fact that my old boots were simply too big for me (and probably too soft as well). I got new boots that fit a lot better (Salomon F2.0) and am stoked to get out and see how much difference they make. I know that because my boots fit kinda sloppy I was cranking down on them and my bindings, which isn't good for my feet, and I was still using my feet and toes to compensate for the poor fit, even after all that cranking. Not surprising if that loose connection between my feet and my board was causing me to overwork my feet.
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What tigre said.

Probably your boots and how they fit, can you describe the way they fit?
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Could be what he said, or maybe even the opposite. Maybe your boots or bindings are too loose, so you have to make excess movements to get the board to respond.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Re: Board or something else?

Before you rush out and buy yourself a spanking brand new pair of boots, give yourself a few more days on the board so your feet can get accustomed to all the twisting, pulling, pushing & pressing that snowboarding is. You started using a lot of muscles in you're feet you have not used before. After that you might find you don't need new boots after all.
ItchEtrigR is offline   Reply With Quote