Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Nitro Sub Zero vs K2 WWW (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/64258-nitro-sub-zero-vs-k2-www.html)

ruslan. 02-11-2013 12:01 AM

Nitro Sub Zero vs K2 WWW

hey guise im thinking about getting a new board: k2 www or nitro sub zero. Im going to be using it for park mostly, thats why theyre more flexible. I was originally gonna get the sub zero because its like rail pro (from what i hear) so i was leaning towards that, but maybe i want a more stiff board so i can actually you know, ride. Tell me what you think...

zk0ot 02-11-2013 12:13 AM

12 Attachment(s)
yeah the subzero is way soft. like uber soft. if you ever want to do jumps bigger than 5 feet. id go with something a little stiffer. from nitro the haze or the swindle.
the swindle is closer to the www flex. haze is in between that and subzero.

ruslan. 02-11-2013 08:21 AM

Should i go for the swindle or the www or the haze. The www did get the good wood award and such, so it cant be bad, but i do want a pretty flexible board

zk0ot 02-11-2013 09:44 AM

12 Attachment(s)
whats your height and weight a location? is this going to be your only setup? or just a dedicated rail board?

i rode the www for a while until they changed it to the current weird shape. nothing really special about it besides the ptex top sheet ( which means no stickers no stomp pad) good fun board. rails,jumps to 20-30 footers.

Then had my shop pick up nitro. and the swindle seemed like an awesome board. the rail killer edge being double the thickness was a big plus. standard edges would crack under my 200lbs. and swindle is zero camber so theres a little more pop. rails and 20-30 footers.

haze ive ridden. is a toned down version of the swindle. zero camber with standard edges.

ruslan. 02-11-2013 10:25 PM

at this point im choosing between the swindle and the k2 www. I really dont know which one is better, but i know that the www is more expensive. Is it worth it? Pros/cons? No stickers on the ptex :(

24WERD 02-11-2013 10:39 PM

the k2 can be bought for 180 on ebay. you just have to search for it.

last year model is the same as this year except for graphics.

Never pay retail for snowboard equipment.

zk0ot 02-12-2013 12:31 AM

12 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruslan. (Post 712514)
at this point im choosing between the swindle and the k2 www. I really dont know which one is better, but i know that the www is more expensive. Is it worth it? Pros/cons? No stickers on the ptex :(

ptex top sheet adds a little bit of snap to the board. and the www has a slight rocker to it.

the nitro has the beefy edges. and its a zero camber. which will add to the pop.
also nitro holds a 2 yr warranty.

thats about it.