Gah someone stole my board, need a new one. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gah someone stole my board, need a new one.

heres the story, last trip was to Big Bear last march, some time between then and now my Ride Fleetwood 161 dissapeared (i live in military barracks, this stuff happens) along with the Ride bindings that were attached to it. had used it for a total of 3 trips and am pretty bummed about it.

So now i am looking at getting a new setup, just need board and bindings as my boots (Ride Anthem size 12) were in my car.

I am not ashamed to say that i am a beginner but i progressed quickly last season, which was my first, starting off on greens and after a few days was on harder blues.

my body type, 6'2", 140 (yes i know) and im pretty damn lanky, i prefer Freeride as my local parks are tailored mostly towards it.

K2 Illusion Snowboard 2008 : Snowboards | evo outlet

K2 Anagram Wide Snowboard 2008 : Snowboards | evo outlet

are 2 that i have found in my price range, i want to keep the size from 159-161 but i am new to this and all suggestions will be taken seriously.
treymchattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get the illusion the anagram is essentially a WWW without the jib tips and frankly is poo weiner.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the advice, will probably go with the illusion, only question i have left is size. i have heard that you want the board to be up to your chin, but this was from people at sports chalet in SoCal who have probably never even seen snow. my old 161 felt good but it was also my first and only board, so i really have nothing to compare it to. i had a bit of trouble throwing it sideways to get toe or heelside.

keep in mind i am 6'2" 140lb.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

God no that whole height to board length ratio is for people that were born next to a nuclear reactor in a trailer park by love canal.

At 140lbs and all mounta look for something in the mid 150's range 161 is a bit long.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the-house.com has a salomon ace 152 in your range and a santa cruz allstar 156

161 is enormous for your weight. i weigh the same as you, and if i was riding 30ft powder in alaska, i'd be rocking something like a 156-157. for all park i ride a 152 and for a jibstick id ride a 148

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

i thought it may be too long, i pretty much had to throw my body as hard as i could just to go heelside.

ok, someone recommend me some bindings and im good to go, boots are Ride Orion size 12. trying to keep them under $100

Save on Salomon Force Snowboard Bindings - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment
think im going with those

Last edited by treymchattie; 08-06-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
kang.

Are you ordering your boots online, cause that's a bad idea. You should always try on boots before. If your boots are shit, then your whole day boarding will be shit.

Bindings aren't as important as boots, but I would like into a toe cap. I mean it's not necessary, but I have one on my Burton Mission, and it feels much better then just a regular strap.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang. View Post
Are you ordering your boots online, cause that's a bad idea. You should always try on boots before. If your boots are shit, then your whole day boarding will be shit.

Bindings aren't as important as boots, but I would like into a toe cap. I mean it's not necessary, but I have one on my Burton Mission, and it feels much better then just a regular strap.
already have the boots, they were in my car when my board got jacked out of my room. they are Ride Orion size 12.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

just got the 152 soloman ace that Nivek suggested, also picked up some soloman bindings (House is giving away free kickass sunglasses BTW)

thanks for all the suggestions and i am looking forward to a much better season.