Is this legit? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
l1ft24

Default Is this legit?

The prices seem to be insane! Golomit.Com, Serve The Best For Your Shop

has anyone bought anything from them? I'm looking at the Arbor element , but i dunno if its skechy or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

well i can tell you that going by the HTML code their page looks legit, their domain was registered on May 26, 2008, so fairly new. the thing that caught my eye is that they are in Indonesia, while not Nigeria, i am still a bit leery of buying from them. googling golomit.com only brought up 4 hits, meaning they are pretty unknown. i would not trust them....yet. wait until you can actually google and find proof that people actually buy from them.

or better yet, find the cheapest thing on their site and buy it, they claim to have free shipping. if you get it, its a go. and be sure to report your findings as those prices are damn good.

also, they claim to be leading the "Game and Sports market," i was not aware that this particular market exists and the fact that they can not type with proper grammer makes me wonder how this is possible.

Last edited by treymchattie; 08-05-2008 at 10:46 PM.
treymchattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
kang.

Wow 220 for an Arbor Element ! Don't they usually go for 400+.

The site seems legit to me. Never actually bought from them, and there based in Indonesia, so I'm guessing the shipping cost might be a bitch. Maybe that's why there's such low pricing, the other 200 is in the shipping.

-Edit-
If there's free shipping(I can't find where it says that)...from Indonesia to United States, I'd find the site really sketchy.

Last edited by kang.; 08-05-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang. View Post
If there's free shipping(I can't find where it says that)...from Indonesia to United States, I'd find the site really sketchy.
banner at the very bottom of the page, free ground, $5 2 day

wonder if you can pay with paypal or google checkout, atleast then if they scam you its easier to get your money back.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
kang.

No paypal or google checkout from what I see, and that banner on the bottom makes the website more and more sketchier.

How could you have free ground shipping if its based in Indonesia, cause last time I check, theres an ocean between here and there.

I, personally, would not buy from here.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

while it may be legit, they are decietful on some of their numbers.....mainly this

<li>4503 Units in Stock</li>
<li>Manufactured by: Burton</li>

thats HTML code taken from one page, it is referring to the amount of units in stock and that is the "list" tag, this figure is not going to ever change and they will forever have 4503 units in stock unless someone goes in and edits after every transaction.

plus i question the ability of a company that has been in business less than a year to have 4503 units of a single item.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang. View Post
How could you have free ground shipping if its based in Indonesia, cause last time I check, theres an ocean between here and there.
i was thinking the same thing.... plus how would it even be physically possible to get something here in 2 days, thats the other side of the world!

Last edited by treymchattie; 08-05-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
kang.

So me and treymchattle agree.

Do Not Buy From Here.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

First off anything that is in a third world country like that I would never buy from. Second as everyone pointed out its not legit.

Buy locally people.
BurtonAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote