x8 or skate bannana? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
trimdog

Default x8 or skate bannana?

Am looking for the best park board to help me with rails spins ect.. Have been riding for 4 years and am a mid to advanced level. Tryind to decide between the Burton x8 and the Lib Tech skate bannana. I am 6' 175# with a size 10 boot and was also wondering if a 157cm would be the best size?
I am going to keep my old Burton Charger for the pow so just want a board to help me improve in the park. Has anyone riddin both? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

well I havent personally ridden either, but if you really want a jib stick, from burton i'd more recommend either a dom or the new fix. between the x8 and banana, the banana will be much easier to press and butter around on. and at your weight, for a jib stick, i'd say something between 152 and 155. at 140lbs i'd ride a 148 for a jib stick, for an all park-including 50ft kickers-i have a 152. so if you're looking for a all park board, then something from 154-157, the shorter if your more focused on rails.

and i'd say a good compromise between the burton no camber and the lib rocker, is the capita flat kick, I had to email TJ to find out about it, but capitas horoscope for this year is flat between the bindings and rockered after. its what im getting.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Eww I wouldn't recommend the dom or the fix. If you're going to get a jibstick from burton just get a blunt.

The Banana feels like you're riding with a bowl under your feet its nothing spectacular, the X8's ics channel distributes vibrations right into your feet I found out, thus making you wear out quicker. Also its not exacly a great jib stick.

Also the Capita Horrorscope is like every other company that scrambled to get a rockered board out in time for next season.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
trimdog

Sounds like you have ridden both. Don't like the sound of my feet wearing out.Really am trying to find a board to land 360s a lot cleaner and maybe even a 540 if my skill goes up. What would be your call between the two?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Neither....
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
boweavle

Default Skate Banana

The Skate Banana kills everything! Last season my quiver included the Lib Tech TRS 153, Skate Banana 156 and the Box Scratcher 145(BTW I am 5'9 & 160 pounds). I have pictures of the banana sliding culverts at keystone if you want the proof. This year I will be riding a 152 Capita Horroscope which should arrive to the shop in the next week or so. I will post a review of this limited release as soon as I get it on snow.

Another reason the Banana and Box Scratcher excel on rails and in the park is because of the Mag. Seven points of contact dulled out is a lot better then two. I recommend demoing a BTX board early this season, once you do you will understand why all the other companies are jumping on the "Rocker" bandwagon. Be warned they will and are selling out quick. Most companies that are making a zero camber/rocker deck to include Stepchild have already sold out and don't plan on making more for the season or they are a limited late release. Some of these boards to include the Signal Park Rocker and the Rome Poster Mania (Graft w/ Zero Camber Late Release). The JIb Stick by Stepchild also has RET... Good Luck and Enjoy!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Oh believe me...

we know.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cdnboarder

You can also take a close look at our line up. We have great boards and great prices.
For jibbing, rails and half pipe our Courage is a terrific board.
Our 159W would be a good fit for you at 6ft and with a size 10 boot.
We have them in stock and ready to go.
If you prefer to go a bit shorter for ease of maneuverability our 154 is also ready to ship.
Check us out and good luck with whatever board you choose.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
kylebaz

im 5'11 145 and got the 152 banana
sickk as fuck bro
Old 10-12-2008, 03:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

All I can say is do NOT get an X8, i'll be making a thread about what has happend to my X8 after 15 days riding when I can get some pictures.

Fucking Burton.
KIKNIT is offline   Reply With Quote