K2 Parkstar 2012 - Defect? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 Parkstar 2012 - Defect?

What's up fellas

So i got a Parkstar and took it out to Windham NY for some pow run over the weekend post Nemo.

Brand new board, first time riding it. Didn't do any jibbing or hit any boxes. Nothing extreme. Mainly cruising and doing some small jumps. Washed out a couple of times but on soft powdery snow. Didn't crash into anyone either.

At the end of the day after 6 runs, the top sheet of the nose end tip cracked! About an inch cracked. See below for picture & link. If you look closely you can see the fiber. I am just shocked to see it how fragile it is.

Even my old beat-up 2008 skate banana can take more beatings than this and yet it still looks new and perfect. Jeez..

Did I get a bad seed or are K2 boards/topsheets not so durable? Any experience with K2 boards is greatly appreciated. In the meantime I ahve contacted K2 for warranty. Thanks guys!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps68d076d3.png

frombrooklyn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm guessing you just got unlucky. I own a 2011 K2 Parkstar that's I've used for a little over a year and I use it everywhere. butters, rails, boxes, jumps, street, and a little bit of powder. I haven't been too careful with it on the hill and it's still in great condition. Just some minor scratching from normal riding and boxes and a few real small nicks in the top sheet that just come from normal wear. I would contact K2 and try to warranty the board. If you can't do that, you'll just have to epoxy it. But I wouldn't let this turn you away from K2 cuz they've been great for me.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Id say you got a bunk board. Unless there is some clear impact damage, im sure theyll take care of you.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Id say you got a bunk board. Unless there is some clear impact damage, im sure theyll take care of you.
true that. if there is impact damage, they don't have to warranty it and chances are that they won't. however, judging by that first pic you put up, there is absolutely no damage to the edge and there doesn't look to be any damage to the sidewall either although it's a bit harder to see. You should be eligible for the warranty judging by those pics.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you for the feedback guys. The edges all around look like the 1st picture, no damage. I'm happy to hear about your experience with the Parkstar Rookie09. That just restored some hope for me. Now I can't wait to try it again once they replace it. Hopefully they are able to. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks again.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Just an update:

K2 is able to replace it and give me a full refund. One thing weird is that K2 wants me to intentionally destroy the board, snap it, drill holes it, whatever to make it unrideable. Send them a picture of that or I won't get a refund.

Seems a waste to have to break such an awesome board. Whatever, getting my $ back.

Thanks a lot
Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

K2 just wants to make sure that you're not pulling one over on them. It makes sense. Once they know that your board is perma-fried, then they send you a new one or refund you, or whatever. That way you're not getting 2 boards for the price of one.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote