Going cat boarding, Jones HC a good choice? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Going cat boarding, Jones HC a good choice?

Current ride is Burton Custom X 160 with Cartel bindings which I find I have to fight it trying to keep up with my buddies on skis when going through trees or narrow terrian. I never changed the binding stance since I bought it so don't even know if I have them angled correctly to make quick turns when board is pointed downhill.

Anyways, going cat boarding in Pemberton end of March and wanted to get a powder board. According to Jones website for my weight/height I could get on a 152.
5"11" 180 so maybe a 156 work.

Is the Jones HC a good choice?

Last edited by crazycanucks; 02-12-2013 at 11:31 AM.
crazycanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

YES, you would have an absolute blast with that board on a cat trip, use your cartels, set your angles at 18/-3 22-23" width and you'll love it. i'm 10lbs lighter but same height and sometimes wish i had a 152, but you could have fun on either size... the hovey is very wide and has a long effective edge, even though it's short it rides very long, floats effortlessly, and turns on a dime, much quicker in the trees than your current setup.

enjoy.

Last edited by huckfin; 02-12-2013 at 11:34 AM.
huckfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Binding angle is very subjective and has been discussed at length on these forums. I wouldnt recommend just setting and forgetting. Stance is all about experimentation. Listen to your body. Your legs will tell you if something is not quite right. It took me 6 years to finally settle on +21/+9. Turns out that is how I am most comfortable and in the best control of my board. Of course Im primarily a freerider, but even the occasional jump this stance doesnt hold me back. Id take a couple of day trips and really concentrate on dialing in the best stance for you. Have fun on that trip.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Everyone loves their Hovercraft, it would be a great choice for your trip. BC Catboarding, lucky you.
Mpjames 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Unity whale, bataleon Cameltoe. There are other pow boards that you might like more.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote