burton c02 binding - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
rigby

Default burton c02 binding

Hello,

having a bit of a drama with my new bindings,

Its looking like I should have researched a lil more on binding/boot/board combos.

I live in Aus, and im roughly 82 kilos, 6 foot 2. At the end of 2006 I went to Canada and brought a complete setup,

ride theory 2006 159
(PARK & PIPE
Designed for on-mountain freestyle Riding, the 159 features one of the stiffest flexes combined with a deep Quadratic sidecut to give the board drive.)

Salomon Dialogue 2006 boots

(The rear spine of the boot features a construction that offers more highback protection at the same time making the boot more responsive. The super-light LP sole gives riders more accuracy and board feel with incredible shock absorption)

and a friend had a second hand pair of Burton Mission bindings,

I rode the setup for the month I was in canada than probably 20 times here in Oz since.

The Burton Mission bindings had a couple buckles give way and I cracked the highback getting on a lift the other weekend.

Figured I might as well update my bindings so I tracked down some online stores here in oz,

Found an good price on a set of Burton C02 bindings.

Had them delivered and rode them today and well lets just say im not too stoked on them,

Ive only ever ridden the Burton Missions and a couple pairs of those old school clip in bindings.

Im wondering if the C02s are too stiff for my setup?

I saw something about needing to have the right amount or combo of flex in your setup,

example, soft boots, hard bindings, hard board,
or hard boots, soft board, hard bindings

If they are even the right kind of binding I should be looking for,

Does anyone recommend a binding for me? or should I just tough it out with the c02?

Ive spoken to the shop and I can send them in and get my money back or should I just spend some more time setting them up and getting used to the stiffer feel of the new bindings,

Do bindings loosen up after time?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Martha

bindings do not really break in. what's nice about burtons but also can be a pain is that they are adjustable in 50 different ways. chances are that you have the high back leaning to far forward. a little forward lean is good for carving but too much can be uncomfortable for regular everyday riding.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
rigby

ahh ill give that a try,

its just that the missions have 6 lean back settings and the co2s only have the four,

I had the missions set to four so thought I should set the co2s to four as well,

You wouldnt happen to know if the Co2s come with more of a lean on them standard than the missions?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Co2's do have more built in forward lean I want to say something rediculous like 7 degrees natural or something bs like that. If you find it too stiff its not the binding for you, I say send it back and look to another company that has better adjustability.

With that board and boot set up you want something thats going to be a versatile all mountain binding. I'd look to the k2 formula, rome 390's, union forces just to name a few.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote