What is up with this? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default What is up with this?

See pro's riding cambered sticks in park and then in pow. No rocker, No swallow tail. Most are twins with camber. Yet, here we are arguing about every fucking small detail. Do we not have anything better to do?
I know its like 99.9999999% rider, but why are we making these remarks. We dont do half the shit pros do... Not like we need all the tech to be perfect. Heck, i bet most of use dont recognize difference between rocker and hybrid. I dont, because when i snowboard i think about other things then how is the camber rebounding... Like WTF. Buy a board you like based on graphics, you probably wont notice a difference.
I took time for this post so others can see. Dont comment "HAHAHA u wasted like 11 seconds writing tis.... Ur stopid". Thank you.

Also, Yesterday at sunshine, i saw too many kids with boards with bindings set to widest and a gopro on their cylinder, yet they couldn't turn for shit. Barley making it down hill. A dude with a backpack blasting music from two flaps on sides, fucking gay dude. Like wtf, nobody wants to listen to your shitty screamo.... And a couple with both their boards set to 0 angles on all 4 bindings.... Is everyone these days retarded?

Also, im h1gh. Might explain this post....
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I agree:

Rider skill is 99.9999%

I disagree:

rocker vs camber doesn't matter.

I have a camber board (burton vapor) and hybrid board (burton Sherlock). I ride both often, sometimes in the same day.

I'm an intermediate to advanced rider, not expert.

My buddy is an expert rider.

We spent 5 days trading back and forth on these two boards, both of us agreed that it was nearly impossible to catch an edge in the hybrid board and that you have to pay attention on the cambered board or you will catch edges.

We also agreed that in soft snow and powder hybrid turned easier and rode easier/better, and on hardpack and at high speeds camber was more stable and carved better.

It makes a big difference.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

You need to quit getting high. Something tells me that you really can't afford to destroy any more brain cells.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Most pros are riding some form of rocker nowadays except for in halfpipe, are you watching vids from the 90's?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
You need to quit getting high. Something tells me that you really can't afford to destroy any more brain cells.
I have to disagree, helps me see deeper... LOL.

Shut the fuck up fags, no difference between boards. Who cares if it easier to catch an edge... are you trying to catch one? Power will propel you on pow with any camber out there.... Rocker is downright stupid. Hybrid has it place. I only ecknowledge camber and S-rocker AKA camber with added rocker in nose.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

The infamous ANGRY stoner go munch on some cheetos.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Don't you ride a billy goat and a lobster? Neither of those is camber, and if you try and say that TBT is camber then you are a moron..that shit is like riding a spoon down the hill, it's nothing like a camber board. Go buy a real camber deck right away so I can eagerly await your inevitable post about how much you hate camber cause you caught an edge and slammed your face. I'm not sure why you preach the word of camber but only ride hybrid boards, get out there on a real camber deck before you call everyone fags for actually having a little knowledge and experience on the subject.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned!

The fact that you're a retard has nothing to do with marijuana.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Don't you ride a billy goat and a lobster? Neither of those is camber, and if you try and say that TBT is camber then you are a moron..that shit is like riding a spoon down the hill, it's nothing like a camber board. Go buy a real camber deck right away so I can eagerly await your inevitable post about how much you hate camber cause you caught an edge and slammed your face. I'm not sure why you preach the word of camber but only ride hybrid boards, get out there on a real camber deck before you call everyone fags for actually having a little knowledge and experience on the subject.
TBT is camber..... WITH added concave... I do have a camber stick. Its a old dc. I also had a custom. Lobster is camber... Not sure how it would be hybrid? and i sold the billy. My next board is gonna be the unity whale. After that i have no desire to ever buy another deck. and im not here dissing hard facts. All im saying is why are we so picky if we can barley reach the boards potential... Like why?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
All im saying is why are we so picky if we can barley reach the boards potential... Like why?
Is that what your parents told you when they finally gave up on the dream of you ever achieving a high school diploma?.... also what does "barley" have to do with it?