User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 09:59 AM
engelhjs

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Boot brand fits for a newbie

So, I'm a skier, but I want to learn to board again (haven't for 15 years) this year for those days I feel like doing something different. I know it's a cardinal sin of boot buying, but there's not really anywhere around where I live to try on boots. I was wondering if you guys could give me a quick rundown of the way different brands fit.

I have a pretty narrow foot (for any other skiers my last two boots have been Dalbello's and Langes), and I like my shoes, boots, etc. to fit tightly. I normally wear a 9.5 or 10 street shoe, so I was figuring a 9 boot would be good. Also, I'm 5'11" 160 lbs, so I probably need a boot that's on the softer side.

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
If I remember correctly Salomon tends to have a narrow fit. Other companies do to, but I can not stress that you need to try them on. It will be well worth you $$$ spent if you just waited until you got to a resort area. Where there are usually snowboard shops. Vans, Salomon, K2, and Burton all make some good boots. You are still going to have to try them on as they vary model from model. I don't think this advice is going to surprise you as boot fitting is even more important in skiing. It's also very important in snowboarding, though a tad bit easier.
So save some money and plan on buying somewhere near the ski area.
Where do you go anyway? There are a few shop peeps represented here that are located in resort areas.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 06:28 PM
engelhjs

Thanks. I had planned on waiting until I could get fitted, but the summer is good for finding random deals. I just wanted an idea of what to look for.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Specifically what model of Dalbello and Lange have you been in?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
engelhjs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Specifically what model of Dalbello and Lange have you been in?
Right now I'm in Dalbello Krypton Rampages, and prior to those I had a pair of Lange CRL 80 FRs.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
The CRL has a medium fit and the rampages are fairly narrow in the heel. Salomon is going to be a top contender along with atomic, certain models of ride/k2 and thats going to be about all I can recommend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode