Burton vs Lib Tech - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
c17

Default Burton vs Lib Tech

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I have a question for everyone I have just started riding again but I have been riding off and on for over 20 years always on a Burton. But I have always wanted to try something new, I have always liked what Lib tech was producing but Burton hasnt ever let me down with there products. So next year I am going to try Lib Tech.

I just want to hear everyones thoughts on Burton vs Lib tech I am sure there are alot of people that have made this move and I would really like everyones input if you do not mind. I am thinking the travis rice or jamie lynn models. Thank you in advance.
c17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

you cant compare the two b/c burton has various price-point models under "Burton" and "Lib-tech" is considered on the higher end of the spectrum and don't produce price-point models.
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Burton has completely different camber/rocker profiles then Lib does. If you're coming off a camber Burton board chances are you'll be riding C2 or maybe a C3 profile from Lib which is a completely different feeling.
The construction is also different. Lib does not wrap the metal edges around the tip/tail and I find the topsheet gets damaged easily especially in these areas, not a big deal at all in my books, but some people might not like that. Also you'll step into the world of Magnatraction, which is awesome but also completely different compared to Burton. One thing I don't like is that Lib seems to be making more and more boards with the TNT extruded base as opposed to their sintered bases, not sure I like that.

Both companies make solid boards, personally I kind of want a 2013 Burton Juice Wagon, maybe end of the season I'll pick one up.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Both companies make solid boards, personally I kind of want a 2013 Burton Juice Wagon, maybe end of the season I'll pick one up.
I'm considering the same though I am a bit partial to next years Juice wagon graphics.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I'm considering the same though I am a bit partial to next years Juice wagon graphics.
Really? See I don't like next years graphics at all on that board. I was actually very dissapointed in the change for next year.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Really? See I don't like next years graphics at all on that board. I was actually very dissapointed in the change for next year.
Maybe I'm just weird like that lol. But I noticed that they are making another board in the Family Tree line that took the graphics from the 2013 Juice Wagon. I forget its name.
Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Burtons for posers and losers!!!!!

just joking but im surprised that hasn't been said already. I'm on my 2nd burton now and have absolutely no complaints, first was a custom rocker and now a nug. Never been on a lib though but my buddies who ride them have nothing but good things to say
stunt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
c17

Thanks for your info it was a great help I was down looking at the Travis Rice pro models. The one thing I a am worried about is the width of the board I have size 11.5 and the board looks a little narrow. But all your info is helpful most of the burtons I rode were terje pro models and the old air series then I took off about ten years and just recently bought the 2011 deuce lol so alot has changed since i was boardingl. so once again thank you for the update and thanks everyone else.
c17 is offline   Reply With Quote