Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Does this edge need to be re-repaired? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/65218-does-edge-need-re-repaired.html)

bcoon 02-13-2013 10:16 AM

Does this edge need to be re-repaired?

3 Attachment(s)
This damage was here when I bought this board used. It's a Burton Baron ES 168.. great shape other than the expected topsheet scratches and a few shallow marks in the base. I had this repaired two years ago, ridden it probably 15 days since (based out of Atlanta, so I don't have the luxury to go too often).

Anyway, I'm heading to Breckenridge in a couple weeks and wondering if I need to get this redone as there seems to be a crack in whatever was used to fix it. The bottom and edge is smooth/straight.

Thoughts?

Lamps 02-13-2013 10:22 AM

looks ok to me, if you were really ambitious you could sand the patch and then paint a little more epoxy on it

timmytard 02-13-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcoon (Post 718738)
This damage was here when I bought this board used. It's a Burton Baron ES 168.. great shape other than the expected topsheet scratches and a few shallow marks in the base. I had this repaired two years ago, ridden it probably 15 days since (based out of Atlanta, so I don't have the luxury to go too often).

Anyway, I'm heading to Breckenridge in a couple weeks and wondering if I need to get this redone as there seems to be a crack in whatever was used to fix it. The bottom and edge is smooth/straight.

Thoughts?

Well, it's pretty fuckin' ugly, but it didn't look to bad.

Does it look like water will get in there?

If it does, I would just get a little epoxy & force it in there.

A hair dryer works good to make it flow easier.
I like to use a sanded flat bamboo skewer like a spatula.

Or just drip some p-tex into it.

I wouldn't waste money getting it fixed, it's pretty easy to do yourself.

TT

bcoon 02-13-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytard (Post 718874)
Well, it's pretty fuckin' ugly, but it didn't look to bad.

Does it look like water will get in there?

If it does, I would just get a little epoxy & force it in there.

A hair dryer works good to make it flow easier.
I like to use a sanded flat bamboo skewer like a spatula.

Or just drip some p-tex into it.

I wouldn't waste money getting it fixed, it's pretty easy to do yourself.

TT

Yea.. pretty ugly up close w/ the pics but not as bad in person. I'm not sure if you can really make it out, but there is a small crack running down the center of the epoxy (or whatever that is) that's in there. All I'm really worried about is water getting in there. The edge does flex a bit right there if I press hard though, assuming because of the crack. Any suggestions for a specific type of epoxy for this?

seant46 02-13-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcoon (Post 718946)
Yea.. pretty ugly up close w/ the pics but not as bad in person. I'm not sure if you can really make it out, but there is a small crack running down the center of the epoxy (or whatever that is) that's in there. All I'm really worried about is water getting in there. The edge does flex a bit right there if I press hard though, assuming because of the crack. Any suggestions for a specific type of epoxy for this?

Marine epoxy if you can find some and use more resin than hardener so it resists cracking when the board flexes.

It doesnt look horrible though, I have 2 spots on my board where water gets in and i still ride the thing haha. To be retired after this season though.