Does this edge need to be re-repaired? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
Default Does this edge need to be re-repaired?

This damage was here when I bought this board used. It's a Burton Baron ES 168.. great shape other than the expected topsheet scratches and a few shallow marks in the base. I had this repaired two years ago, ridden it probably 15 days since (based out of Atlanta, so I don't have the luxury to go too often).

Anyway, I'm heading to Breckenridge in a couple weeks and wondering if I need to get this redone as there seems to be a crack in whatever was used to fix it. The bottom and edge is smooth/straight.

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130213_064651[1].jpg (77.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130213_064659[1].jpg (84.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130213_064554[1].jpg (65.2 KB, 39 views)
bcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,362
Blog Entries: 9
Default

looks ok to me, if you were really ambitious you could sand the patch and then paint a little more epoxy on it
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 1,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoon View Post
This damage was here when I bought this board used. It's a Burton Baron ES 168.. great shape other than the expected topsheet scratches and a few shallow marks in the base. I had this repaired two years ago, ridden it probably 15 days since (based out of Atlanta, so I don't have the luxury to go too often).

Anyway, I'm heading to Breckenridge in a couple weeks and wondering if I need to get this redone as there seems to be a crack in whatever was used to fix it. The bottom and edge is smooth/straight.

Thoughts?
Well, it's pretty fuckin' ugly, but it didn't look to bad.

Does it look like water will get in there?

If it does, I would just get a little epoxy & force it in there.

A hair dryer works good to make it flow easier.
I like to use a sanded flat bamboo skewer like a spatula.

Or just drip some p-tex into it.


I wouldn't waste money getting it fixed, it's pretty easy to do yourself.


TT
__________________
If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Well, it's pretty fuckin' ugly, but it didn't look to bad.

Does it look like water will get in there?

If it does, I would just get a little epoxy & force it in there.

A hair dryer works good to make it flow easier.
I like to use a sanded flat bamboo skewer like a spatula.

Or just drip some p-tex into it.


I wouldn't waste money getting it fixed, it's pretty easy to do yourself.


TT
Yea.. pretty ugly up close w/ the pics but not as bad in person. I'm not sure if you can really make it out, but there is a small crack running down the center of the epoxy (or whatever that is) that's in there. All I'm really worried about is water getting in there. The edge does flex a bit right there if I press hard though, assuming because of the crack. Any suggestions for a specific type of epoxy for this?
bcoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
seant46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoon View Post
Yea.. pretty ugly up close w/ the pics but not as bad in person. I'm not sure if you can really make it out, but there is a small crack running down the center of the epoxy (or whatever that is) that's in there. All I'm really worried about is water getting in there. The edge does flex a bit right there if I press hard though, assuming because of the crack. Any suggestions for a specific type of epoxy for this?
Marine epoxy if you can find some and use more resin than hardener so it resists cracking when the board flexes.

It doesnt look horrible though, I have 2 spots on my board where water gets in and i still ride the thing haha. To be retired after this season though.
seant46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums