Looking for a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
fatalerrorjock

Default Looking for a new board

HI everyone. I'm looking for a new board of the 08.09 season and would appreciate any advice you have.
My main hangup is that the two places I ride in are very very different. I ride in Schweitzer Idaho which has great steeps and just big cruising fast trails but a very small terrain park. The other place I ride is Big Bear which is essentially all park.
I have size 11-11.5 feet so I cant ride any super narrow boards. Price isn't a huge concern as long as its within reason since I would get this board for christmas. I'm an intermediate rider, I can do double black and throw 180's but im not like super good or anything. Thanks

Last edited by fatalerrorjock; 08-10-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

All mountain freestyle man will be your friend. Do you want this up coming seasons deck or this past seasons?
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
JTSECK

I say go for last season's its always cheaper and the differences between the new and old are only the graphics. usually it is the exact same shape and cut but made a year newer. I know exactly how bear is because I ride there also. Right now I have a burton triumph 164 and its more all-mountian and less park I mainly use it at mammoth, but its the only board I have so when I go to bear I also use it. I want something smaller so I am lookijgn at last season's boards because they are cheap but just as good. If you were to but this seasons stuff the money you spend on it would probably equal two last season boards. If you have the money get a bigger board for idaho and a smaller board for bear. I really love bear though they have an insane all-mountain park
Old 08-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Uh yeah too bad next year is a huge tech boost from a ton of companies.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
fatalerrorjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
All mountain freestyle man will be your friend. Do you want this up coming seasons deck or this past seasons?
I will probably get a deck from this season.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm really digging the never summer legacy with the rocker in it for all mountain use so definitely check that out. K2 jibpan is a fun stick as well to consider. If you want a good idea of boards out there check out the review section on here there's a sticky with a ton of boards I rode.