How would stiffer bindings and boots compliment my Anthem? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How would stiffer bindings and boots compliment my Anthem?

I am considering replacing my Burton Moto boots and P1's for a more responsive setup to compliment my new board next winter. I like my P1's straps and padding but they're on the soft side.

I am considering the Burton Driver X for boots. Backcountry still has them in size 9. Since the Moto's fit me fine I figure I'd give the Drivers a shot since their return policy is kick ass.

As for bindings, Backcountry still has (be gentle!) Flow NXT FX's in stock. I guess these are Flow's ultimate freeride bindings. I know the feedback on Flows in general go in two very opposite directions but from all the feedback on the internet the FX's seem to be awesome... but hey, once again their return policy kicks ass so I could always give em back. I know I should consider Targas but they're impossible to find heavily discounted in my size these days. Plus perhaps the Flows are more responsive? My priority lies with how effective the bindings are gonna be, not so much the convenience of not strapping in.

How would these go with my board? I have an Anthem (as most of y'all know by now). Would this be a serious imbalance in some way? Is it going to feel like my feet are cast in cement?
Thanks!

Last edited by SilverK20A3; 08-11-2008 at 08:38 PM.
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
NzGnu

when i looked into doing an instructor course and asked them about gear they were pretty opposed to flow bindings...apparently not too comfortable if you plan on wearing them all day for multiple days in a row.

and i also think your conventional binding is more responsive due to the solid lowback/heelcup which moves/flexs less than flows method and is thus more responsive.

Also heard very mixed response to the driver X, apparently softens up very quickly. The burton site has a forum which has alot of user responses to their boots...just make sure you take the super positive reviews with a grain of salt as employees and product reps troll the site like it was their job...ha

but who knows im sure someone will rock up and give ya a definitive answer
Old 08-12-2008, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
tonysimoni

Just a general beginners question; as a guidelight can you apply these rules?
*Park bindings are loose/flexible bindings.
*Offpiste bindings are tight bindings.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Flow NXT's is a great binder and is probably more responsive than conventional models. Last year Flow stood out above the rest of the binders I demo'd at Loveland. It was a big surprise. Definitely the best in the test for me. So I think you'll do just fine with the Flows for a freeride binding.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysimoni View Post
Just a general beginners question; as a guidelight can you apply these rules?
*Park bindings are loose/flexible bindings.
*Offpiste bindings are tight bindings.
Oh. In a nutshell, I want to go fast fast fast. My current bindings and boots have their limits. Not interested in freestyle at all.
SilverK20A3 is offline   Reply With Quote