Butter/Park/Freestyle Board Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Butter/Park/Freestyle Board Help

Hey friends,
I'm looking into getting a nice twin park board. I've been carvin' them groomers for too long, and have practiced vigorously in the park for the last couple of tricks. I'm looking for a sintered base, but extruded is perfectly fine as well!
5.7 height
140 lbs.
Now IPO bindings
thirtytwo binary boa boots
blah blah blah

also, how are YES snowboards? Their jackpot looks interesting.

Thanks!
forum is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
It ain`t easy being steezy
 
honeycomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ohio
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've gotta recommend the bataleon evil twin. It's my favorite out of all the boards I've ridden and demo'd. The newer ones have a sintered base but my older one with an extruded base rides great too. I'm not sure if it's that great with Now bindings, I think with those bindings + TBT the edge angle you have to ride at to carve might be a bit extreme, but I havn't tried the combo to be sure.

Are you mainly looking at jibs and rails or jumps?
honeycomb is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycomb View Post
I've gotta recommend the bataleon evil twin. It's my favorite out of all the boards I've ridden and demo'd. The newer ones have a sintered base but my older one with an extruded base rides great too. I'm not sure if it's that great with Now bindings, I think with those bindings + TBT the edge angle you have to ride at to carve might be a bit extreme, but I havn't tried the combo to be sure.

Are you mainly looking at jibs and rails or jumps?
jibs, flexs, flips, jumps, nothing TOO metallic if you know what i mean
forum is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I had a ton of fun on the Jackpot. Definitely a great option. Not sintered, but it really doesnt matter, the Salomon Sabotage is one of the best boards I've ever been on. Soft and playful but enough snap and stability for jumps.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I had a ton of fun on the Jackpot. Definitely a great option. Not sintered, but it really doesnt matter, the Salomon Sabotage is one of the best boards I've ever been on. Soft and playful but enough snap and stability for jumps.
really? how does the yes jackpot compare to the yes basic? The same? Basic = extruded i know. Have you ridden the basic?
forum is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Camber, Rocker, Hybrid? Doesn't matter? Jib/Jump?

Right now I could only give yea the generic group.

NS
Blah blah
Arbor Blacklist
blah
Salomonader

Rome Mod Rocker/ Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member
 
ThunderChunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kissing Bridge
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And Signal Park of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hipp4u View Post
Im all for having fun, showing your tits and getting fucked up on a river float but it can be done without being a pig.
ThunderChunky is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome