Looking for new board, need some suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for new board, need some suggestions

Hi everyone, i'm new here and been browsing around. I am looking for a new board. I've been riding my current one for a while its a Burton Clash 160 and think its time for something totally different because this board seem a bit too big for me and is way too stiff. Great for runs down mountain but not so much for park.
I'm from Florida so I only get up north (Mainly New England Area) a few times each year and hope to be going out west next year. But because of my location I dont have a chance to demo many different boards. I tried one of my cousins last time I was up north and really liked it, it was a little shorter (157) with medium flex (Burton something I forget) but would like something with more flex than that even.
Not looking to spend a ton on it cause wont get to use it but a few times each year, but I want somethin I can have fun with when I get out.

I have been looking at:
Rome Artifact Rocker
DC PBJ
Ride Crush
Nitro Haze

So not really sure which to go with. Also i'm a size 12 boot, do I really need a wide board? I have never used one before and it never seemed to be a problem. Would I benefit any from getting a wide board over a normal one?
I was thinking board size in the 154-157 Range.

Weight: 140
Boot size: 12
Riding style: intermediate rider, looking to progress more in the park and
Will mainly be riding in the North East with the occasional trip elsewhere.
Edit: height: 5'10"

So thanks for any help all it's much appreciated because i'm here in 85 degree weather lol

Last edited by flsnow; 02-13-2013 at 11:26 PM.
flsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is your Burton Clash 160 a wide board?
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

no, its not
Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

No wonder you added to say you didn't have problems despite using sized 12 boots. I was actually expecting you might complain some problems. Are you riding some really ducked out stance? I am no expert but do look into the possibility of getting a wide board as your next board due to your boot size. But a lot of wide boards are longish and may not be exactly right for your weight. You still growing?
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Stance is only slightly duck, its at -6 on my rear leg. I have no issues with the riding the board really, it rides just fine and all. I just tried a few others when I was up north a few weeks ago and liked them much more because of the more flex and smaller than this one. Def not growing anymore i'm 26. height 5' 10" forgot to mention that.

Heading back north in 2 weeks was hoping to bring a new board up there