Alibi Sicter from Zumiez - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Alibi Sicter from Zumiez

yup........

Last edited by KrisBKreeme; 02-14-2013 at 08:51 AM.
KrisBKreeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

yea cheap stuff but i wouldn't expect you to use it for more than a season if you go fairly often. that's some of the lowest end equipment out there. at least the bindings and boots are well-known brands even if they are the cheapest model they make.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBKreeme View Post
I feel like this just needs to be said cause you don't see it thrown around enough, and we do get newbies (such as myself) frequenting this forum so here goes.

If you're looking to get into snowboarding and don't wanna have to take out a loan to get some gear, dont have buddies who can lend you theirs, and dont want to rent, look into the Alibi boards at Zumiez if you can. You won't find any reviews cause they're made for Zumiez and sold exclusively by them. I have the 2012 Alibi Sicter (158cm) and it is a great board to get back into the sport (like me) or start over again like some of us out there!

From my personal experience so far, and from riders that I've run into that have Alibi boards, its really nothing negative. I met a guy on a lift who says he leaves his $500 burton board at home cause he fell in love with how flexible the Alibi board is (i know that is very subjective, but still).

Also, they put together a whole package for you with the Alibi board for a pretty reasonable price. Granted, it is all pretty much beginner equipment but still. When you get an Alibi board, they let you choose from a small selection of bindings and boots to go with it. I ended up getting the 158 sicter board, burton freestyles, and ride anthem boa boots. I think I ended up paying $349 for everything, which left me enough money to get myself a nice roomy burton bag, goggles, jacket, and snowpants.

No I don't work for zumiez, i just wanted to throw it out there that you don't necessarily have to go spend $700+ on a setup when you're just beginning the sport. I have no qualms with my board; oh and its a traditional rocker. That is all.
fuck all that. Wiredsport contributes here and has a bunch of great stuff for the thrifty snowboarder.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
fuck all that. Wiredsport contributes here and has a bunch of great stuff for the thrifty snowboarder.
This.

Not to mention they have knowledgeable staff who will help you through the entire process.
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote