Help me decide. Park Pickle, Skate Banana, Evo, Coda? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Help me decide. Park Pickle, Skate Banana, Evo, Coda?

I currently own a Neversummer SL and am looking for something more park oriented but that still feels solid at speed. I demoed the Coda and loved its flex rating, and it felt super comfortable off kickers... But it felt wobbly at speed. I also demoed the Park Pickle and thought it was decent at everything, but didn't shine in any areas... Also magnetraction felt too grippy and not smooth at speed.

Just wondering how the Skate Banana and Evo compare to these? Looking for advice from riders with personal experience.

edit: when I demoed those boards I wasn't throwing threes off 30ft kickers or boardsliding rails or anything... i am only doing straight airs off small-medium kickers and 50/50 and tailpressing boxes. So id appreciate any input on how those boards perform when doing higher level tricks.

Last edited by onthefence; 02-14-2013 at 10:24 AM.
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well, the Coda seems a bit out of place in that lineup...

Banana and Pickle are overrated and not worth the money. If you don't like magne now, you don't like it.

Evo is also overpriced. Instead of that get yourself a Flow Era. Same camber story, sintered, carbon, and rolled base between the feet, all for about a $100 less full retail. I think it rides better too.

I'd say get either that or a Salomon Sabotage...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Well, the Coda seems a bit out of place in that lineup...

Banana and Pickle are overrated and not worth the money. If you don't like magne now, you don't like it.

Evo is also overpriced. Instead of that get yourself a Flow Era. Same camber story, sintered, carbon, and rolled base between the feet, all for about a $100 less full retail. I think it rides better too.

I'd say get either that or a Salomon Sabotage...

That flow board seems like an awesome find that you won't really see anyone else at the park riding. Also on sale on dogfunk for $288
KrisBKreeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Arn't the Westmark, Draft, and Blacklist the park boards for Arbor?
NoOtherOptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
I currently own a Neversummer SL and am looking for something more park oriented but that still feels solid at speed. I demoed the Coda and loved its flex rating, and it felt super comfortable off kickers... But it felt wobbly at speed. I also demoed the Park Pickle and thought it was decent at everything, but didn't shine in any areas... Also magnetraction felt too grippy and not smooth at speed.

Just wondering how the Skate Banana and Evo compare to these? Looking for advice from riders with personal experience.

edit: when I demoed those boards I wasn't throwing threes off 30ft kickers or boardsliding rails or anything... i am only doing straight airs off small-medium kickers and 50/50 and tailpressing boxes. So id appreciate any input on how those boards perform when doing higher level tricks.
I've ridden the SL, Coda and Evo, and doing just about the same you were doing on your demo (small medium jumps, no spins, etc.). The Coda doesn't belong in that list as Nivek says. Seems like you put a bunch of park/all mountain'ish boards in there (no experience with the lib/gnus). Evo is much softer than the Coda, although not a noodle. I found the Coda more stable than the Evo with less chatter. The Evo would get stressed out cruising down Breckenridge's blues. But I did Squaw Valley blacks no problem on the Coda (not their double blacks though ... snow wasn't good enough when I went).

The Coda is the funnest board I've been on. Springy, loose and playful, yet stable when I needed. I'm not a technical park rider or carver (just there to have fun), but I think slots very similar to your SL.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I can get a Skate Bananna or an Evo for $370ea, if the prices matter.

I want something that is smooth on kickers but still excells at rails and boxes. On kickers my My NS SL feels kinda squirly on takeoff, but when i demoed the Coda it seemed sooo much smoother and more controllable which gave me confidence to go much bigger... Something I'm afraid of doing on my SL.

I'll demo some more, my mountain has Burton's, Libs, Gnus, Arbors, and some other brand I'm forgetting. What do you guys suggest I demo?
onthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Demo something with some sort of flat or flat to rocker profile.

See if you're place has Salomon, K2, Nitro, or Rome. Try for a Happy Hour, Fastplant, Sabotage, Villain, Postermania, Swindle, Rook, or Parkstar.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

I had a 12 skate banana, and now have a 13. Its a great board. Obviously its not gonna bomb like something stiffer, but I feel like its a bit stiffer than people give it credit for. Maybe a few years ago it was softer and people are still remembering that, but mine have both felt pretty solid. If your goal is to bomb at top speed, forget it. But if you want something that can do it all, without really mastering anything, the skate should be fine.

EDIT: The pickle should be fine as well, since from what I understand, theyre basically the same aside from the aggressive pickle heelside sidecut.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote