Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Time for my second board. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/65722-time-my-second-board.html)

nyboarder 02-14-2013 11:19 AM

Time for my second board.

Hey guys.

Was hoping I could get some advice on picking up a new board. My first/current one is a piece of crap - it's super stiff. Also, the lip on the tail is almost nonexistent, so riding switch is a dangerous proposition - although I've grown very accustomed to it with this board.

I'm trying to now focus on buttering - not as much on rails and jumps, although I definitely do some of that.

My stats:

Weight: 155/160 lb.
Height: 5'8''
Boot Size: 10.5/11 (maybe get a mid-wide?)
Riding style: currently free riding, would like to switch to free style. Ride switch a lot, butter, and do some rails.
Started riding around 7 years ago, then stopped for 2 years (injury.) This winter I've started up again, been trying to go every weekend.

Some of the ones I was looking at, but have yet to try out:

1) Bataleon Whatever Bataleon
2) Bataleon Evil Twin Bataleon
3) Bataleon Riot Bataleon
4) Rome Crossrocket Rome CrossRocket Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2013 (this one looks awesome...)

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks for taking the time.

socalboarder 02-14-2013 11:23 AM

You should look into the Signal Rocker Light. Super soft and buttery, definitely the funnest board I have ridden.

nyboarder 02-14-2013 04:50 PM

Thanks for the response dude.

After some thinking, I'm now leaning more towards the Whatever. Was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts on how this board will fair on the ice cost...

KIRKRIDER 02-14-2013 04:53 PM

Loved the Whatever...but didn't try it on icy. Was super fun on slashed pow and crud.

nyboarder 02-14-2013 05:08 PM

I just came upon this thread:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...pressions.html

That kinda sucks...

Everything around this area is groomed at best, so I really need a board that can handle that and not get destroyed. Any suggestions?

readimag 02-14-2013 05:19 PM

Arbor Draft, echelon rounds, NS eve or arbor westmark/blacklist if you want a board for the bigger jumps when you get there.

scrotumphillips 02-14-2013 06:39 PM

My Evil Twin handles packed snow well enough. It's not as good as my Lib Tech, but it gets the job done. I haven't had any problems carving like the review above. The board goes edge to edge if I just think about it. Super easy to ride switch, too.

If you want to focus more on park, the Evil Twin is a good board, don't know how it compares to the others, though. It's got enough softness to butter and enough stiffness to still handle carving at speed.

Sal78sierra 02-15-2013 12:25 PM

Status UNO is fun, all around board

jdang307 02-15-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyboarder (Post 724402)
Hey guys.

Was hoping I could get some advice on picking up a new board. My first/current one is a piece of crap - it's super stiff. Also, the lip on the tail is almost nonexistent, so riding switch is a dangerous proposition - although I've grown very accustomed to it with this board.

I'm trying to now focus on buttering - not as much on rails and jumps, although I definitely do some of that.

My stats:

Weight: 155/160 lb.
Height: 5'8''
Boot Size: 10.5/11 (maybe get a mid-wide?)
Riding style: currently free riding, would like to switch to free style. Ride switch a lot, butter, and do some rails.
Started riding around 7 years ago, then stopped for 2 years (injury.) This winter I've started up again, been trying to go every weekend.

Some of the ones I was looking at, but have yet to try out:

1) Bataleon Whatever Bataleon
2) Bataleon Evil Twin Bataleon
3) Bataleon Riot Bataleon
4) Rome Crossrocket Rome CrossRocket Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2013 (this one looks awesome...)

Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks for taking the time.

Have not rode it but have not heard good things about the Crossrocket. Almost all reviews have said it is weird or flat out sucks.

Rome has a ton of buttery decks. Even the Boneless which you are supposed to downsize.