Major foot pain with boots! Any suggestions? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
d4rknnja

Default Major foot pain with boots! Any suggestions?

I've been casually riding 2-4 years and I recently bought my own gear two winters back. Trouble is whenever I've hit the slopes the entire bottom of both feet hurt like mad after I've done 3-4 runs to the point where I can't even stand up without it hurting. I have had to take my feet out of the boots or loosen them after each run to let it stop hurting. I tried slipping some Dr. Scholl's into the bottom to see if that worked, it didn't =p.

I only paid like 80-90 for the boots at a ski convention ... is that probably biting me in the ass right now? I thought it might be a footbed problem? Or any thoughts?

Gear:
Forum Recon BOA Boots
Rossignol Scope
Rome Arsenal Bindings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
snowgypsy

you need the find the right boots for sure!! I use to have this problem also, just go to your local shop and try on boots DON'T order them online. they should be the most comfortable thing you have on. having boots that hurt can ruin riding for you! it doesn't matter how expensive or how cheap as long as they are the right fit for you!! believe me my first season I lost two big toe nails for that reason. also your shop should be able to custom fit you so tell them where you've had pain and pressure points and they can hook you up. good luck...
Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

1. They're shitty boots
2. They definitely don't fit your foot shape
3. Are you a person that tries to ride all day long but only goes like 5 to 10 days a year?

Also Dr. Scholls are junk in a snowboard boot they don't flex right at all, plus it sounds like you just slipped it in over the existing footbed.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
N~R~G

definitely due to shitty quality. don't skimp on boots. you get what you pay for & you want/need good quality.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Boots are the most important thing when it comes to snowboarding. Pay $$$ for quality that will last you a long time. There's really no point to try and cheat because it will typically end up hurting you. As was said before, NEVER buy off the internet, unless you have already tried that particular model on.

snowboardersocal.blogspot.com
Old 08-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
d4rknnja

Thanks everyone!

Looks like I'm going to have to invest in some new boots. I know I need to try them on and all but any suggestions on the price range I should look into?

BTW, one reason I got the cheap boots is that I rarely board more than three days per season due to time and money. So ... aka, VERY Casual Rider. But I will start hitting the slopes more when I get a better job.