HELP!! Will any bindings fit on a Burton X8 Snowboard? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
wake88

Default HELP!! Will any bindings fit on a Burton X8 Snowboard?

Will any bindings fit on a Burton X8 Snowboard?

I have Brand New Force 08 bindings and was thinking about buying a burton x8 board.

Until i was told that only the new EST bindings will fit.
Is this true or can any bindings fit the board?

I have also been told that any burton bindings will fit?

Thanks for your help guys,

Danny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jigzz

I would just buy the EST. I personaly don't own it but I've tried it. It's much simpler to instal and adjest and it's only a bit more expensive than regular bindings.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Word

Any BURTON binding will fit... it does not necessarily have to be an EST binding, although that is highly recommended. The board will come with special baseplates that fit other Burton bindings so you can mount them on an ICS board. The new X8 is pretty sick, but you can find something else just as legit from another company, that way you can keep your Forces... which by the way are killer bindings. Check out board like the 09 Forum Eddie Wall or the Ride DH, both will be comparable for the most part. Also the Capita Inddor Survival is a little stiffer than the X8 but it still jibs like a champ. Those are just a few suggestions.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're limited to Drake and Burton riding that. EST sucks balls though why would you trust something that puts a hallow spot in the center of the board.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
wake88

Smile Thanks

Thanks Guys,
Now i understand it a bit better,
Still not sure what Burton Avenger means by

EST sucks balls though why would you trust something that puts a hallow spot in the center of the board.

How does it put a hallow spot in the board?

Thanks to all who replied,
Appreciate it.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Word

Yea me niether. I can tell you frome experience that the EST/ICS system is actually pretty legit. It gets ride of the dead spots on the board so the board flexes naturally. this really optimizes the intended performance of the board and also produces a great feel. This only works with EST bindings though, the only benefit you will get with the ICS system and regular Burton bindings is the unlimited stance option, which still is pretty sweet. I dont know about Drakes fitting onto these boards.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jigzz

Scratch what I said. You can use any Burton binding on the X8. My friend just got it today and put customs on them.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It creates a hallow channel down the center of the core of your board and uses an aluminum track. Aluminum isn't damp to vibrations and it sends it right from the center of the board upward into your feet. Burton tries to put an obscene amount of foam into their bindings to dampening it but in the end it doesn't. Also the dead spots are moved from directly under foot where you're not going to notice them so much to the outsides of the boots.

ICS was burtons answer to the patent on the 3 hole system running out and thus makes you limited to their product. Tell me you want a board that when the t bolts in the track are tightened suck up to the topsheet creating a hallow spot in the core.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote