Nitro Team vs Rome Agent vs Ride Society/// NOOOOOB - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
boardy___

Arrow Nitro Team vs Rome Agent vs Ride Society/// NOOOOOB

ello there old chaps
i've been saving up for ages for a new board and have narrowed it down to the Nitro Team, Rome Agent, and Ride Society. thoughts on these bad boys?

Im leaning towards the agent atm even tho the graphics are shithhouse.

question time
is the agent good for buttering?? and say i get a board thats purely park, is it really going to that bad when your just generally cruising, will i even notice any difference??

discuss/inform

cheers lads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
tonysimoni

Just as a fast reply. I have an agent, and learned to appreciate the graphics. It looked shithouse to me too in the beginning. If you look close to the board it really doesn't look bad at all. You`ll learn to appreciate it.

Conserning buttering on the agent, I can't say much. Recently started buttering myself, tailslide is pretty easy. But making a full 180 butter isn`t easy. This could be because my technique sucks or the board itself.
Bottom line: can't say much about the butterskills of an Agent.

I was hesitating too between the Agent and the Society a couple of months ago (you can still find the post I think). What made the difference to me is that the Agent is more all mountain than the society (at least 07/08 editions).

PS: Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Froggyste

mate if ur looking for a board in that price range to butter with mite i suggest taking a look at the rome graft?
nice little butter board but not so soft that u cant nail it down a mountain when the urge takes you!
just a suggestion
Old 08-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

A poor craftsmen blames their tools.

Anyways I'd get rid of the Society its a directional board not super fun by any means. Agent is what it is nothing spectacular at the end of the day. The team is a super fun stick. I'd also check out the new never summer sl or evo and the k2 jibpan.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
boardy___

hey tony whats ur thoughts on the agent, do you agree? thats probs the first bad thing i've heard about it

jibpan is sik...can't find any reviews of it though, what sites do you guys use?

also with size 11 boots i dont neeed a wide board do i?

edit: just found ur review thread burton, i see you've done the rounds aha do you rekon the jibpan over the never summer revolver?

edit II:also has anyone heard anything about the Ride DH??

Last edited by boardy___; 08-19-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Dh chatters a speed and they have a problem with the cores breacking longitundinally. Man I love the Jibpan and I have the revolver. In another month I'll own a Jibpan. Either board you can't go wrong with.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
luv2ride

long time reader, 1st time poster...finally joined up! Food for thought, the new Transworlds Good Wood results are in, the Twin winners for the brands you were looking at: Nirto T1, Nitro Andreas Wiig Pro, Rome Mod, Ride DH, K2 Believer, K2 Darkstar. (Also, the Ride Society is actually a twin board according to the Transworld Buyers Guide and the Ride Website.)
Old 08-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ HAHA good wood is a crock of shit.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
luv2ride

That may very well be...gotta take it all with a grain of salt I guess.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
tonysimoni

Jep the Rome Agent is basicly a board that makes you jump on every bump you encounter. The flex is owkey for me. The craft is prolly more flexible but is just park (but apperently holds well on the total mountain too, check an old post by sedition).

As a general remark. You probably better go for one of the boards BA suggest, the Agent is my 3rth board so I can't really compare it with other boards.

BA is I may ask what don`t you like about the Agent? If you think of it as an allmountain board tending towards park.