Need some suggestions/confirmations - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cujo28

Default Need some suggestions/confirmations

Hey all,

I'm gettin a new board and new boots this year. I'm pumped and have been checking out a lot of new stuff.

So I need some really saavy advice from whoever can help me. I've been boarding for about 10 years in the Northeast, but only get to go about 15 times or so per year. I've always been more of a grip it and rip it kinda guy and never got into the technical stuff too much; therefore I'd appreciate the advice on the technical aspects of what I should get here...I've done a lot of research myself but obviously it doesn't compare to how a board rides. I want this year to be a break out year for me in the park and I intend to go at leat 40 or 50 times this year. So that being said heres the bottom line.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Current set up: Burton Canyon, Shitty boots, Burton Mission Bindings.

Foot size: 11-11.5

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 190

I'm looking for a board that is going to excel in the park over big ass kickers, boxes and rails. I want to ollie like the ships goin down, cuz this burton canyon lost all of its snap. I'm not big on the pipe, so I don't care about a board that can perform in one at the moment. I am an all mountain boarder and I enjoy rollers and glades just as much as the park so I don't want to sacrifice versatility. Do you think I can get a reg. board or go wide with my 11-11.5 size boots, I want a lighter board so i can trick easier...

Here's what I had in mind...Never summer SL R (I think the legacy is the wide version, but is it too heavy?)

I was also thinking of the Capita Black Death Speed Tribe...It seems like a good board, good snap, stiff enough to get through chop and maintain whilst hauling ass...but I just can't find enough reviews, or anyone whose ever rode one.

I'd really appreciate everyones suggestion, thanks y'all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The crapita fucking sucks it rides like shit. The sl is the narrower version of the legacy and that board rocks. Board weight who cares about board weight you're 190lbs that must mean you have some muscle on you.

My .02 cents get the NS you'll be happy.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cujo28

Cool, thanks for the input on the Capita. Think I should go wide with my size 11.5 feet? Probably...I know the answer, definitely...

One more thing I meant to ask. The boots I'm looking at were DC Judges. Thoughts? My feet have really big arches and the boots I wear now are old and kill the top of the arches. Suggestions?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't get DC's unless it's the only boot that fits you. They are pretty crappy.

BA seems to be hot for K2 boots these days. No experience on my part. Salomon and Vans have been making decent boots. Bottom line, go into the store and try on lot's of different pairs and get the ones that fit.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cujo28

The Never Summer legacy seems like it may be a little too stiff...any suggestions for a more park oriented board with good pop that can handle glades and high speeds well too keeping in mind my boot size?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

High speeds and park board don't really go together. You are going to get one that sacrifices the other...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cujo28

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
High speeds and park board don't really go together. You are going to get one that sacrifices the other...
Yeah, I know. I'd say I'd lean more towards park this time, as I've had a Burton Canyon for a while now, and would like a bit of a change. I'm not looking for an all out park board though, and I realize I will have to sacrifice, but I just need something that's going to be able to handle glades, rollers, and drops. I'm good enough where I can probably manage on anything, and I know I'm being picky, but I'm poor and want to make the most of my investment here.

Bottom line I'd go 60/40 or 70/30, emphasis on park...the NS legacy just seems too much like me old Canyon, if I'm wrong please tell me cuz I love the graphics on it.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get the revolver from never summer then if you think its too stiff. I jib on a 63 legacy though and I'm a tiny little dude 165lbs with a size 10 boot.

The legacy is not like your old canyon in any way shape or form.
BurtonAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
KatrinNoir

From what you're saying you want, I would recommend going with two different setups. One for park, one for maountain. Yeah, it's going to be expensive, but you'll get the performance you want on both ends.